Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

This is a discussion on Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Hi My Friends I am still in bad shape and wanted to do something fun. As you know we are ...

No longer a community member.

Thumbs up Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

Hi My Friends
    I am still in bad shape and wanted to do something fun. As you know we are planning our big Troops raffle it's coming together nicely.

I am not going into details except to say this raffle is all about cigars both Daves have enough cash but need cigars. Oh anyone can always drop a fiver in with their cigars if they want but to get raffle tickets it's cigars details to come when I am feeling better and we are closer but I think about 45 to 60 day's before we start maybe a little less!

Rather than spoil everything because I have some really neat stuff to show and tell I will only show what I have in my hand when I post.

So anyone who wants to donate a prize let me know here or pm. The proceeds will go to both me and the other Dave we are Puffs troop guy's and I think all said we do a good job an I know I have made some special Military friends I sure hope continue when they get home, God Bless Them all!

Also anyone who has been around we throw a good raffle sometimes it seems like everyone gets bombed or gets a prize an some pretty damn nice stuff to

So to start I had the honor of chatting via pm with Pete Johnson and both being busy it took awhile but Pete's on our side. I went from Liking most of his cigars to liking his cigars and now Respecting the man that makes them. I have a funny story why I now respect him so much but it is private and unless Pete pops in and say's I can tell it you will just have to take my word for it, lets just say I earned these cigars and he earned giving them and these are from Pete personally. He didn't want credit saying the donation was to small but knowing what I know He deserves credit and I would call him a friend today! Pete did this himself out of his pocket and I think it's a mighty fine donation.

Thanks Pete Love ya man!! Your on Puff now and real Men can say stuff like Love ya man an mean it without it sounding weird!!!!
    So go buy some Tats Please an tell all your friends Pete supports our Troops and does it nicely!!
    How about some pictures!!

My Good Buddy Stephen SSG RES USAR USAR Bro Stay Safe an Thanks for everything brother!!!

Last edited by smelvis; 07-11-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader primetime76's Avatar

Re: Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

I met Pete at Cigarfest this year and have talked with him online a bit...SUPER nice guy. I wish I could have grabbed a beer with him and just shot the shit about the industry. Just an all around cool guy.
    It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!

Good work Smelvis. Class.

What can I do/how do I participate? I am a little slow sometimes, so break it down to me.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

you know I'm in Dave for whatever & however you are going to do it!!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

I would like in too. What do I do?
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Thumbs up Re: Pre Raffle Smack Talk for the Troops

Quote Originally Posted by sdlaird View Post
    Good work Smelvis. Class.

What can I do/how do I participate? I am a little slow sometimes, so break it down to me.

Hi Scott/Everyone
    Everything is in place I have almost all the help I need. We could use a few more bigger prizes but help wise I have the best people in place this is getting normal for us so I think it will be just smoother each time. I have some pretty cool prizes coming in yet from some very special people to us all I think these will be the sh*t man seriously if I was playing these are what I would be praying to win and we have a bunch of them, This will be our best Puff Supports the troops Auction Yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I learned after the first one to have people help who excelled in what the do so really we just need people to buy or send cigars for raffle tickets, and that is a long time off I started this smack thread to create some excitement and have a place for you all to slap me around a little if you think ya can So bring if on if ya feel lucky or brave LOL

I do still need one volunteer who lives close to me who would be willing to put in quite a few hours for a few times a week for the duration of the auction, if that is you pm me and we will discuss it in private.

Love Ya Guy's!

Dave

But what's the deal with raffle tickets? How many cigars = one ticket?
    Do we just send them to you?
    Man I wish I had something witty and inspiring to say. Or even a URL to share.

Puffer Fish with some spikes CigarDoc's Avatar

Dave,

I just saw this and I can't believe it. Tat is on my top 3 list for smokes already and I can't believe he supports us like that! I have something for you, and I have something for Pete too, now. Can you or will you be able to get it to him if I send it to you? PM me your addy please!

"Doc"

Quote Originally Posted by gasdocok View Post
    But what's the deal with raffle tickets? How many cigars = one ticket?
    Do we just send them to you?

Please bro no details just have fun I said that it the original thread this is just for fun the details will come when it's time, That part is work an I am sick and do not need to work, PLEASE!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    Hi Scott/Everyone

I learned after the first one to have people help who excelled in what the do so really we just need people to buy or send cigars for raffle tickets, and that is a long time off I started this smack thread to create some excitement and have a place for you all to slap me around a little if you think ya can So bring if on if ya feel lucky or brave LOL

Awwww Cmon DAVE!!! I have it all figured out..... a karate kick to the knee and then a rabbit punch to the kidney area

(Think Cosell) "Down goes Smelvis... Down goes Smelvis....."

I will patiently wait for the details....

Scotch & Cigars

the fun begins!!

for you newer guys - you will definitely want to get in on these raffles!!

way to get the ball rolling Pete J!

hope you are feelng better soon Dave! you are definitely DA MAN! yall hit him up with some RG when you can!
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by sdlaird View Post
    Awwww Cmon DAVE!!! I have it all figured out..... a karate kick to the knee and then a rabbit punch to the kidney area

(Think Cosell) "Down goes Smelvis... Down goes Smelvis....."

I will patiently wait for the details....

Today Elvis can kick my ass, But he is one tough dog

In Iraq, I don't have much that I can donate. However, what I can do is get you a great American Flag, 3x5 Nylon, that will be flown in an Iraqi Training Flight. I can get a certificate documenting this flight and can get it signed by the flight commander. Really neat display. Smelvis gets his own, so this would be for someone else. Also, someone would need to tell me if they would like the flag flown by Iraqi pilots only, a mix of Iraqi and American pilots, or American pilots only. I've got to know soon though since my postal service is going away.

Dave, would something like this be acceptable?

Thanks,
    Kevin

^ That would kick ass, just sayin... kick... ass

And now to talk smack:
    Does pictures of Ray in various provocative positions count as a "donation"???

I would have talked a lil smack on Dave but I hear that Cuzilla is searching for him and dont wanna get caught in any crossfire.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast