Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help

This is a discussion on CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Hello all, I find myself deployed again, this time to Kosovo in the Balkans. My rotation recently arrived. Unlike my ...

CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help

Hello all,

I find myself deployed again, this time to Kosovo in the Balkans. My rotation recently arrived. Unlike my last tour in Afghanistan the mission here is a peacekeeping mission. We initially thought we may be the last group coming here, but unfotunately the situation grew very tense this past Summer to include shooting and it looks like that will no longer be the case.

Anyway, on to my request. When I was deployed last time to Afghanistan (2008-2009) I discovered this site (then Club Stoggie) and I was floored by the tremendous amount of support for the troops from the mebers. As a result of your generosity I was able to host several vey successful Cigar event at Camp Blackhorse.

http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/cigars...gar-night.html

When I found out I was deploying again I did what any avid smoker will do when arriving at a new unit I polled the members and learned that we do have many avid Cigar lovers in the unit. I informed them of what I was able to put together last time through your help and a local store donation back home. Everyone was very excited about the prospect of doing something like that again.

Now that I am finally on the ground at Camp Bondsteel (CBS) I had the opportunity to survey the layout and found several locations that would be ideal to host. I am even working to get permission to put up a sign and rename one of the pavillions the Camp Bonsteel Cigar Lounge.

I realize it is already late in the holidat season and many donations have probably already gone out, but if there is any way Camp Bondsteel could be added to you future distribution sites it would be very much appreciated by the Men and Women serving here.

Thanks for your consideration,

Aaron

Full grown Puffer Fish Secret Santa2's Avatar

Re: CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help

Santa says Smelvis is the man that can!

No longer a community member.

Hi Aaron
    Sure thing bro send me your APO and well get things going. Thanks for your Service and Merry Christmas,

Dave

Hello all,

I was pleasantly surprised to find a package in the mail today. I was amazed when I opened it to see the contents. The CBS Cigar Club is off to a great start thanks to all the generous supporters here at Puff.com Not enough time to organize a big smoke before x-mas, but I am going to put out a message to the known BoTL on CBS and depending on the weather we will try to put a few of these to good use X-mas day.

You guys are so amazing and I am always humbled when I get these.

CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help-dscn0331.jpg

CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help-dscn0333.jpg

I will make sure I get pics throughout the year when we have our smoke events and share them just like I did previously when in Afghansistan.

Again, on behalf of all the troops here at CBS, Kosovo thanks so much.

Merry Christmas!

Aaron

Glad they got there in Time Aaron

Thanks again for everything and stay safe brother!

Bump for Christmas you all are in our thoughts!

Hope you all have a very blessed holiday with friends and family.....never take it for granted and cherrish every moment.

Merry Christmas!

All,

It is already early evening Christmas day here in Kosovo. After recieving your care package I put out an announcement for those that wanted to enjoy a smoke this afternoon. Unfortunately the weather was very cold, but a dedicated few still came out and a couple more showed after we took the picture.

CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help-dscn0354.jpg

Yes, that is Non-Alcohol beer as we are under GO1 here.

Still planning to orgainze a few large events with your and other's assistance when the weather starts to warm.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Aaron

Merry Christmas Aaron! and thanks for the picture say hi to the gang for me

Full grown Puffer Fish Secret Santa2's Avatar

Merry Christmas.

The Karate Squid Aninjaforallseasons's Avatar

Now that's awesome! Merry Christmas!
    On Instagram as @stogieninja || Reviewer for Blind Man's Puff
    Check out cigarlopedia.com - the most comprehensive cigar database ever created!

Guys,

A second care package arrived today. All I can say is WOW!

CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help-dscn0355.jpg
    CBS Kosovo-New Cigar club needs help-dscn0356.jpg

I will be sending some of these to our troops up north with the request that the return a picture for me to post. With what is left I will be well on my way to beng able to host a large event for the entire camp.

As always on behalf of all the troops over here THANK YOU!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year.

Aaron

Cool Aaron
    Sure am glad one got there before Christmas, You all be safe and let me know a couple weeks ahead when you are running low.

Dave