Everybody is so generous to send us cigars and cigar accessories here on Puff, but I wanted to take a little bit of time to let you know that we do spend time working and doing other things besides smoking cigars to relax. There are tons of things that we need that are often overlooked and this thread is designed to illuminate those needs. Not to say that we dont appreciate every last bit of support that we get from you guys but here is a good bit of knowledge for you to hold and use for when you have a little bit of space left in that flat rate box!
1. Snacks - It doesn't have to be my favorite, just send me your favorite! If I can't stomach it, I'm sure I can find somebody else from Georgia, Ohio, or Nevada that hasn't had that in 4 years and will trade me something good!
2. Personal Hygiene Stuff - Sure we can get body wash and deodorant when the PX is full. Note, when the PX is full! That and I really like it when the guy sharing an office with me doesn't smell like he tongue kissed a donkey. Toothbrushes are great!
3. Playing cards - Often we have forced communications lapses and a deck of cards can put people together very quickly.
4. Magazines - Even if you are holding onto the National Geographic from '99, there's a good chance I haven't read it and need something to read while I'm doing "other" business.
5. Coffee - We get Maxwell House and a couple of european brands we can buy (when the PX has it). We like coffee and often use it instead of water. It doesn't matter what kind, but if its whole bean, please send a grinder!
6. Beef Jerky - Salt and protein. 'Nuff said.
7. Air Fresheners - The same guy I dont like smelling in my office, also shares a room with me at night. A little bit of Febreeze goes a long way in making the nights enjoyable.
8. Condiments - I'll just let you know that its much better to go back to your room or work with your plate from the mess hall knowing you have a bottle of ketchup, than filling your pockets with packets!
9. Ask a Soldier - If you have the address for somebody that you are sending stuff to... a quick note ahead of time to see what they need will actually do both of you a ton of good! You know that you're sending what they need, and they are counting on you to deliver. That is probably the single most important thing you can do!
10. A letter - Just thank the man or woman you are sending stuff to and give them your email address. You may not get a call back from them, but most of us will take the time to shoot you an email to let you know that your package was delivered and we have shared it with our guys making your donation reach more of us.
If you're in need of a package... Please sound off. If I may have missed something, please start with the number 11.