Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Cigars for the Troops

This is a discussion on Cigars for the Troops within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Dave and everyone that contributed to the Troop Rally, I just wanted to say thank you. I just received two ...

ZK Master of Shenanigans kozzman555's Avatar

Cigars for the Troops

Dave and everyone that contributed to the Troop Rally,
    I just wanted to say thank you. I just received two large flat rate boxes full of cigars, cutters, torches, two kick-ass humidors and plenty of other goodies. The Ziploc's and humi-pillows are great as well. I wouldn't have even thought to ask for those, but damn, they are handy to have. We'll be smoking tonight and toasting to you and everyone else that chipped in to make our smoke tonight possible. Everyone was crowding around the boxes asking to smoke some cigars and picking out which ones they want to smoke. Thanks again brother, this means so much to us.

I read the letter and saw the request for pictures, but unfortunately, I can't take any. Camera's are forbidden in our camp due to the nature of my unit and OPSEC concerns. I kind of feel like a dick not being able to accommodate such a reasonable request, but I hope you all understand. I'm going to see if I can have a plaque made in recognition of your contributions and sacrifice of time, money and effort when I get back. We won't forget this.

Also, maybe someone can help me out here. Any idea how to get butane here? I don't think they can fly it, but I'm not sure. Any vet's have an idea? Can I just hit up CI and order some?
    "Your Grandmother was a whore" - Ron Stacy

No longer a community member.

Re: Cigars for the Troops

Anytime Andy
    More to come as soon as we get over the after Christmas break let me know if you are running out bro

Butane anyone got any idea's. ????

[/QUOTE]Also, maybe someone can help me out here. Any idea how to get butane here? I don't think they can fly it, but I'm not sure. Any vet's have an idea? Can I just hit up CI and order some?[/QUOTE]

I will check with my local B&M and see if they have any ideas since they ship to the Marines out of Camp Lejeune often. If they can do it, it will happen right away and I will post the outcome as soon as I find out.

Trilo

Haha Dave, My 48qt coolidor is full once again AND I had to convert my 1650 Pelican case into a humi as well to take care of the overflow. Between you and Bob, I think my guys and I will be set for the rest of deployment. But I will definitely let you know if we start running low.

Bob, if you can get info on how to maybe get the butane here you dont need to send me any. I'll just order some and have it shipped here if it's no big deal. Thanks brother.

I just got home from herfing at the B&M. A large can of butane and a lil puff math will be on its way. I think Tuesday is shipping date. Keep your head down and get back home safely.

I was informed that when shipping something like butane, do not declare it and ship it like anything else.

Trilo

Ah. Dammit Bob, this will be like the 3rd time hitting me. I am going to find your address somehow and get you back. But seriously, thank you. It's hard as hell to light a stick with a Bic or a match when you have to smoke outside :P

I haven't had any problems ordering butane from CI or CBID. They're good about making sure their packages aren't messed with. Also, if you send it yourself, just don't write compressed flammable gas on the customs declaration.

Option 2 would be to send Ronsons or other filled lighters that are cheap.

Option 3 is Ranger Up!
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.