Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya All

This is a discussion on Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya All within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by Rock31 I can receive and ship, that is not a problem. Dave let me know what I ...

Re: Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya A

Quote Originally Posted by Rock31 View Post
    I can receive and ship, that is not a problem.

Dave let me know what I can do to help you out, I know I am across the US from you but I can jump in.
    I will do whatever I can to help out my fellow brothers. Being a full time Soldier I'm not sure how much time I can devote but it is for the greater good. There are plenty of people that are willing and able. I think a lot of people are intimidated to stand in your shadow Dave. I know thats not what it is about, so please, let me know how I can help. You are my BOTL, these are my Brothers in Arms. I'll give as much as I can.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Scotch & Cigars

Re: Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya A

as far as receiving and shipping in bulk I know I can handle that....it's all the ins and outs Dave knew that is going to be impossible to replicate.

PMs sent.

No longer a community member.

Answered with the names of others interested. get some chatting done guy's Thanks

My RG gun is either empty or i need to spread it out... been trying to hit a lot of people in this thread.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

Quote Originally Posted by socalocmatt View Post
    PMs sent.
    Answered. Should have the details worked out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortFuse View Post
    I will do whatever I can to help out my fellow brothers. Being a full time Soldier I'm not sure how much time I can devote but it is for the greater good. There are plenty of people that are willing and able. I think a lot of people are intimidated to stand in your shadow Dave. I know thats not what it is about, so please, let me know how I can help. You are my BOTL, these are my Brothers in Arms. I'll give as much as I can.

Hey Thom
    No one should be concerned I will help or stay out of it the choices will be theirs and Puffs to make, It would be silly to not continue what we spent a couple years streamlining but that's soon to be not my call. Regardless of how they do it they will make it their own and I will support them however they want. They have a support system built in with Craig as an asset I hope they would continue as record keeping for rallies is so important. My choice would be to talk them through a rally but they do it and I just support in whatever way they want. In any event don't be ascared guy's it is work but can be rewarding, my concern is to continue the 9 to 11 APO's we have been supporting already.

Hope that helps

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish apollyon9515's Avatar

First off i hope feel better dave, second off thanks for all the work you did, 3rd off(is that a word?) I cant really do the shipping and time part of this(work way to much) but i would be more than willing to help the new guy(s) with a cash supplement if need be.

Once again dave i dont know if ive told you this, but thank you for what youve done for the troops and if you make it to TN let me know and ill do my best to make you comfortable if your in my area.

Thanks John

Guy's with any luck all expenses including shipping were paid for by the rally the last couple times, I am hopeful that will remain the same. We just have to give it a try a hope

ZK Master of Shenanigans kozzman555's Avatar

The rally that you guys do every year is nothing short of amazing. I think worst case scenario, if someone isn't able to put in the mind-boggling amount of time and effort that Dave has, we could revert to having soldiers or family or friends of soldiers put up threads in the Troops section and have people send what they will.
    "Your Grandmother was a whore" - Ron Stacy

Quote Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
    The rally that you guys do every year is nothing short of amazing. I think worst case scenario, if someone isn't able to put in the mind-boggling amount of time and effort that Dave has, we could revert to having soldiers or family or friends of soldiers put up threads in the Troops section and have people send what they will.
    Hi Adam
    We have a list of units to care for if we can't find a way of continuing it I WILL DO IT MYSELF IF I HAVE TO HIRE PEOPLE TO HELP ME. I will not let them down period bro. ain't gonna happen with my dieing breath if that is what it takes.

We have it all figured out E Dogg and BigSarge with others as a group are going to take over! YaY

Now for the super Bowl go Troops

Thanks Guy's way cool brothers!

Just got back and saw this. Hope everything works out for you Dave and for those that are going to help make it work. If anything is needed PM me and I will help Dave or the new crew at a moments notice.

Dave,

I just wanted to officially thank you for all of your support for everyone over the years and most specifically for me and my guys. We just received a plethora of cigars from you and the good people at Puff. Amazing how excited the men were to get these cigars. We were able to get out one night and I enjoyed a smoke with them, which is nice because operations usually preclude us being able to smoke all together. We put a letter in the mail for you but I have no idea how long it will take to get back there. Sometimes its a week sometimes its a month and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Regardless hopefully you enjoy the small token of our appreciation.

I truely hope that one day we can meet up back in the states. Stay happy and get healthy so that we have that chance in the future.

Thank you so much,

Nelson Liuzzo

Has this issue been resolved? I've been away so much and hadn't seen this until now... and quite honestly it's just devastating to see. Much love to Dave for all he's done.

That being said, has anyone considered working alongside Cigars for Warriors? That group has been very active on Facebook and has been setting up donation boxes in many B&M's across the U.S. They've also done a top down re-org (they had some serious issues many months ago) and are now 100% transparent about what is coming in for CfW and what is going out, who it goes to, etc. I personally know (as I'm sure many Puffers here do) the leadership that is now in charge of CfW and would vouch for them all personally.

Anyway, it's just a thought.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. -Benjamin Franklin
    http://www.imagekind.com/artists/nealw6971

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast