Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya All

This is a discussion on Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya All within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; I posted the message in bold a couple day's ago, I am starting a new thread for this so the ...

No longer a community member.

Sick Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya All

I posted the message in bold a couple day's ago, I am starting a new thread for this so the troop thread doesn't keep hiding my message. I am hoping for the right person to step up that I can help keep Puff supporting our troops at the same high level we have been. Of course anyone can send to them I am not the boss of anything hell not even Elvis. But I can still be very helpful to the right person and the troops as a helper only. This is emotional for me but it's gonna kill me if I don't pass it on to some great brother or sister or a few.

I have enough money and cigars to keep going until it happens, but I am not accepting anymore donations if you have them please just hold them until we get it figured out. I will NOT leave the Troops without having a replacement in place first just won't do it regardless of what it costs me finacially or physically!

I maybe traveling the states in a motorhome with a close Puff friend if this happens we may be able to do some puff/troop promoting and maybe take the cigars to the troops in person I would like that. as well as maybe getting to come and herf with any and or all of you jokers and jokerettes This has been a dream of mine and my friend for a long time and it may very well happen this year sooner than ya all think.

So if you can help and by help I mean work because it ain't easy and takes a lot of energy/time and sometimes money. The person need to be someone that you knuckleheads here trust or that can learn to so hopefully he/she has been here for awhile. feel free to pm your interest and or post it here.

so far we have interest from .....add your name...below

BigSarge

My earlier emotional post

Hi Guy's and Gals
    Well Sh*t shucks dammit crap F**k dag nab it. I have fought this for awhile, I am not well. I try so hard and it's so important dammit. I need help with the troops not just a little help but someone that has the time and energy to stay the course over the long run. Please no one answer or say anything until you have thought about it for day's at least. This can not be a passing spur of the moment thing you need to be in it all in. They deserve more than I can do now and I just ain't getting better. I am typing this with tears running down my face dammit.

Please contact me in PM if you have it in you I love these guy's like they are family and I am just sick that It has come to this, There is nothing in it for you but the satisfaction of doing the right thing. I will always be involved but need some pressure relief I just can't physically do much anymore and the harder I try the longer It takes me to recover.

I have to know you well or get to know you well if you want to help me with this.

Thanks.

Dave

Re: Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya A

Damn, this saddens me reading this. Well, let me say, Dave you are a great man, doing great things, and I know personally, that you have brought a lot to the troops. Hell, just an hour away from the daily grind over there was more than anyone could ask for. You sir, have done a great service to our men and women fighting overseas. I am sad that you are passing this along, but happy as I know you are hurting and this is killing you. I have 100% confidence that you will find someone worthy enough to take your place. Good luck in your search and when you begin your travels, keep a thread open. I hope to herf with you one day. Chin up Dave, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!
    People say motivation doesn't last ... neither does bathing. Thats why we do it everyday.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Re: Puff needs to replace smelvis the troop main cigar sender guy :) Thanks Love Ya A

Damn Dave
    It saddens me to hear this! Your shoes are a tough pair to fill the work you do for the troops is just amazing. Without profit or gain it shows just what a man you are. I shall pray for you my brother GOD BLESS and get better soon. I like the motor-home idea and would love to meet ya in person. Till then peace my brother!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Damn, Dave, I know this is tough for you but at some point you have to put yourself ahead of anything else. If all of the work involved is too difficult to keep up then the decision seems to have been made for you, regardless of if you want to fight it or not. The best thing is to step down, absolutely. I know that this was your baby, and although others definitely stepped up and helped, you were the General... I can't imagine how tough this must be for you, but you're doing the right thing.

Thanks for all of the work you've done, Dave. Really, you can't be thanked nearly enough.

Please keep us updated about your traveling plans, that sounds like a wonderful way to do something incredibly nice for yourself after the years of hard work you've put in. I definitely wish you the best, you deserve it.
    Last edited by szyzk; 01-29-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

Hope all works out well for you, and THANK YOU for working so hard to bring some comfort to our Brothers and Sisters serving Our Country near and far.
    Look forwad to hooking up one of these days, until then GOD BLESS !

a job well done Dave, thank you for doing this for as long as you did, it is time to pass the tourch, God bless and be well...I'm excited to see who will be the next in line, figure the super bowl square contest should provide a good cherry breaking if things go right for our troops.....Dave- YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!
    If you F-up, man up, take responsibility for your actions

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Damn Dave
    It saddens me to hear this! Your shoes are a tough pair to fill the work you do for the troops is just amazing. Without profit or gain it shows just what a man you are. I shall pray for you my brother GOD BLESS and get better soon. I like the motor-home idea and would love to meet ya in person. Till then peace my brother!
    Right on.

It truly is alot of work to keep organizing and sending out all of those packages overseas. I've done some group buys with alot of packages and it is tiring and exhausting. To think that you've been doing this consistently for a while now makes it all the more admirable. Hopefully we'll find someone with the right attributes to try to fill at least one of your shoes. I hope you guys come this way (NH) as there plenty of shops and even more friends waiting for you.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader fuente~fuente's Avatar

Don't feel bad for tying to pass the torch along Dave... You've poured a lot of yourself into the Cigars For Troops. More so than anyone else has, or more than anyone on any board I've been on, for that matter... See what you need to see, get your bucket list shortened up brother.

Thanks again...
    Twitter @ OB1theStogie
    Coming at you from the Dirty Dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1 View Post
    a job well done Dave, thank you for doing this for as long as you did, it is time to pass the tourch, God bless and be well...Dave- YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!!!
    +1 Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by smelvis View Post
    I posted the message in bold a couple day's ago, I am starting a new thread for this so the troop thread doesn't keep hiding my message. I am hoping for the right person to step up that I can help keep Puff supporting our troops at the same high level we have been. Of course anyone can send to them I am not the boss of anything hell not even Elvis. But I can still be very helpful to the right person and the troops as a helper only. This is emotional for me but it's gonna kill me if I don't pass it on to some great brother or sister or a few.

I have enough money and cigars to keep going until it happens, but I am not accepting anymore donations if you have them please just hold them until we get it figured out. I will NOT leave the Troops without having a replacement in place first just won't do it regardless of what it costs me finacially or physically!

I maybe traveling the states in a motorhome with a close Puff friend if this happens we may be able to do some puff/troop promoting and maybe take the cigars to the troops in person I would like that. as well as maybe getting to come and herf with any and or all of you jokers and jokerettes This has been a dream of mine and my friend for a long time and it may very well happen this year sooner than ya all think.

So if you can help and by help I mean work because it ain't easy and takes a lot of energy/time and sometimes money. The person need to be someone that you knuckleheads here trust or that can learn to so hopefully he/she has been here for awhile. feel free to pm your interest and or post it here.

so far we have interest from .....add your name...below

BigSarge
    Staxed

My earlier emotional post

Hi Guy's and Gals
    Well Sh*t shucks dammit crap F**k dag nab it. I have fought this for awhile, I am not well. I try so hard and it's so important dammit. I need help with the troops not just a little help but someone that has the time and energy to stay the course over the long run. Please no one answer or say anything until you have thought about it for day's at least. This can not be a passing spur of the moment thing you need to be in it all in. They deserve more than I can do now and I just ain't getting better. I am typing this with tears running down my face dammit.

Please contact me in PM if you have it in you I love these guy's like they are family and I am just sick that It has come to this, There is nothing in it for you but the satisfaction of doing the right thing. I will always be involved but need some pressure relief I just can't physically do much anymore and the harder I try the longer It takes me to recover.

I have to know you well or get to know you well if you want to help me with this.

Thanks.

Dave

BigSarge
    Staxed

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

First - a simple "thanks" doesn't begin to adequately give tribute to what Dave has done for the puff community and the troops. I could go on for paragraph upon paragraph.

The thing I do want to convey is this: When Dave says it's hard work; you have to be in it for the long haul; you get nothing but the satisfaction of having done a good thing; and that it takes a lot of time... Please understand that he is not exagerating!

I did one little contest with both Daves helping me and it was just about overwhelming by the end. It was a constant 20 hour a day every day endeavor until it was done. And that was one really small deal. The daily grind of what Dave does - plus the annual troop drive = whoever takes this on really needs to be prepared to dedicate their heart, soul and all their energy into it - it really is that time consuming.

I'm not trying to scare anyone off but Dave has set the bar unbelievably high - don't underestimate what the man has built up and accomplished with this. Just be prepared for the task as I can see where Dave will want only the best for the transition, the troops and puff.

My hat is off to those of you who have volunteered so far. Your taking on the task of a true living legend! Best of luck to Dave and all!

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Thanks Shawn
    That needed to be said and is very true. please don't put your name if you can't do it.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Wow - this is tough to see, but you know we love ya, Dave (in a really uncomfortable, manly sort of way, of course)! And you have to take care of yourself so Elvis doesn't have to put you in a home or something

Good onya for all you've done all this time, and thanks for being the guy who passed our gratitude along to the troops.

Big shoes, indeed!
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Well Dave has decided it is time to pass the baton. A truly sad day for Puff because we know our brother Dave would carry on if he were able to. Hats off to Smelvis for his awesome dedication to this very important moral booster for our great troops.

A year ago, when I thought I would be retiring, I would have tossed my hat in and volunteered for this job. That's the kind of time you would need to fulfill the high standards Dave has set. Unfortunately, my situation has changed.

I would think that the person(s) who would take over this important job should know that all of us on Puff who have participated in providing our troops some cigars and relaxing down time do not expect you to replace Dave, only to pick up his baton and run like you want to win...for the troops.

God bless you Dave, and come down to Florida in the Winter in your RV, so we can smoke, my friend
    Being willing is not enough, we must do. - Leonardo da Vinci.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast