Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

A letter from our troops just hit my email - thought I should share:

This is a discussion on A letter from our troops just hit my email - thought I should share: within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; To the volunteers at Puff.com , I wanted to take the time to thank you from myself and all my ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader joncaputo's Avatar

A letter from our troops just hit my email - thought I should share:

To the volunteers at Puff.com,

I wanted to take the time to thank you from myself and all my guys. I received a care package from Dave Bonnette yesterday which had a bunch of great items in it to include a multitude of cigars. This is the first care package that I have received containing cigars. We have a myriad of people who smoke cigars from the long-time smokers to the guys like me who have just started during the deployment and have probably a lifelong enjoyment. What I did was take the cigars to our daily platoon meeting and we each picked one at a time until the cigars were gone. We had a couple new guys come to the table to try something new. Needless to say that this has been a huge morale builder. I was surprised to see the mail clerk come knock on my door this morning with another care package. I will get some pictures taken in the next few days and would be happy to send you a few.
    Most times when we smoke we have conversations about where we are from and why where I live is so much better than where the other lives. It keeps the shit talking up and is funny to hear about the stuff people can come up with, (especially about Alabama). I looked at the return address from Dave and noticed that he is from Bellevue, which is awesome because I am originally from Bremerton which is just across the sound from Bellevue. Thanks for the ammunition, now they will have a little harder time saying anything about the great state of Washington. Wanted to write a quick letter and let you know that we did receive the care packages and although not all my men know where they came from they enjoyed the gift greatly. I will have a few pictures and an official letter of appreciation in the mail within the next few days if I can get an address, but wanted to reach out up front and thank you for everything you have done for me and my men.

Thank you again,
    SFC Ryan W. Hoff*** (edited by me for privacy reasons)

No longer a community member.

Re: A letter from our troops just hit my email - thought I should share:

Awesome!!! Tell him to join Puff, post pics of those beauties, and brace for the slope?

Quote Originally Posted by Poneill272 View Post
    Awesome!!! Tell him to join Puff, post pics of those beauties, and brace for the slope?
    He did join Puff, He has the same letter posted in the noobie intro section. Everyone needs to stop by and share some love with these guys.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Oldmso54's Avatar

very cool

I ain't ! I'm just a little large for my size!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader primetime76's Avatar

Makes it all worth while...
    It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission!