Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Sending my first shipment to the sand box...

This is a discussion on Sending my first shipment to the sand box... within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Any helpful packing tips? I was planning on putting a humi-pack in every box of sticks and wrapping them in ...

I'm watching you.

Sending my first shipment to the sand box...

Any helpful packing tips? I was planning on putting a humi-pack in every box of sticks and wrapping them in Saran Wrap. The tins of tobacco should be fine unopened on their own, right?

Can I safely bubble wrap 2 boxes and put them in one large flat rate box?

What's the best way to label the customs slip?

Our local bagpipe band and cigar lounge have been gracious with their donations both of tobacco but also hygiene products which I'll wrap in other boxes!

Re: Sending my first shipment to the sand box...

There are some here that can answer your questions better than me.

I have sent many packages to APO addresses in several different countries and no custom slip was ever needed. I can say that with out a doubt, getting a "care package" was a highlight of an overseas tour of duty for me!
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do

I'm watching you.

Thanks Fuzzy. A friend of mine posted a sad picture on Facebook from his trauma medical unit in Afghanistan -- they had smoked everything they had Easter Sunday! I managed to wrangle up two boxes of cigars, 2 cans of Davidoff pipe tobacco, 10 cutters, and 2 boxes of toiletries. I think I'll throw some Altoids and other hard candies in there, too.

Cool! U can list your goodies as "tobacco" and keep the $ amount at or under $25.

If you need any more help. PM me.
    Cigars for the Troops -donatecigars4troops@gmail.com