Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

24 Hour Honor Vigil

This is a discussion on 24 Hour Honor Vigil within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; From Friday Nov 2 at 5 pm, to today at 5 pm our local veterans took 15 minute turns standing ...

Young Puffer Fish Old Stogies Cigars's Avatar

24 Hour Honor Vigil

From Friday Nov 2 at 5 pm, to today at 5 pm our local veterans took 15 minute turns standing a 24 hour guard vigil at our downtown parks veterans memorial.

It was my honor to be able to take my turn today at 1:30 pm to pause and remember all our past and present veterans, and those I know/knew personally that served with honor.

This is a photo of myself today....remember please next week to thank a veteran on Veterans Day

24 Hour Honor Vigil-photo1111.jpg 24 Hour Honor Vigil-photo22222.jpg

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Re: 24 Hour Honor Vigil

Good for you, Larry, and thank you for your service!

I'm watching you.

Larry, thank you SO much for sharing this. What a wonderful idea and community activity to say thank you. I showed this to my son and he put this on his short list of ideas for his Eagle Scout service project!
    "Only fine cigars are worth smoking, and only men who smoke fine cigars are worth kissing." -Joan Collins

Targets locked on... Phil from Chicago's Avatar

Nice work Larry..

I work at a doctors office and thank a vet everytime I find out they are one.. Alot of them get taken back by the fact that my young ass has and shows them the respect the truly deserve day in and day out for what you and they have done for me and my country.

No longer a community member.

Very cool and also my Thanks!

Well done Larry - thank you for your service sir.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night. - Unknown

It was a really nice tribute to all veterans. They had a "command post" set up with hot chili, coffee, donuts, and they had a little kitchen set up so they cooked fresh fish and fed all the veterans who attended and their families.
    Thanks everyone for the kind words, this is really something that any community could put together - we had more than enough to stand all the 15 minute shifts PLUS. Lots of people stood several shifts just to be with a friend.
    This year they also built a 3 sided sentry post building that has plexiglass windows on 3 sides, is large enough for a wheelchair to rotate in, and for a family member to assist if needed. It has a small heater in also to keep the veteran warm. This is for those veterans who can no longer stand or can't be out in cold, rainy weather, but who want to be a part of this vigil. This was to me a touching moment to be standing at the memorial, and be able to see to my right a non-ambulatory veteran sitting in his wheelchair with the same stoic demeanor of any sentry.
    I know this isn't a cigar thread, but as a BOTL, I wanted to share this with my brothers.

For sure Larry.....and Thank You!

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 61350 View Post
    From Friday Nov 2 at 5 pm, to today at 5 pm our local veterans took 15 minute turns standing a 24 hour guard vigil at our downtown parks veterans memorial.

It was my honor to be able to take my turn today at 1:30 pm to pause and remember all our past and present veterans, and those I know/knew personally that served with honor.

This is a photo of myself today....remember please next week to thank a veteran on Veterans Day

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo1111.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	72735 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo22222.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	72736
    Thanks solider for your service our local Veterans do a similar service on Veterans day and Memorial day.
    I am more than happy to participate as you i feel its the least we can do!
    For those that made the ultimate sacrifice to insure our liberty!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

This is a truly heartwarming tribute.

Thank you for shareing this Larry. And thank you for your service and continued support.
    Send Troop Donations to : Troop Donations 128 Delaware St, Staten Island, NY 10304

Ole Crusty Spiked Fish tpharkman's Avatar

Awesome stuff Larry...thank you for your service and sacrifice for my freedoms.
    Agnes, have you seen my Don Diegos?

Maturing Puffer Fish Phreebooter's Avatar

From a member currently serving, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Phreebooter View Post
    From a member currently serving, thank you!
    Thank you!!! May your bullets fly straight, and your boots bring you home safe. Smoke rings sent your way Phil !

Thank you everyone for the comments regarding this post.... it's near and dear to my heart.

Thank you for your sacrifice and service.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast