Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Your donations really do matter

This is a discussion on Your donations really do matter within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Below is a recent email we received from one of the Chaplains we've been supplying. This is the first time ...

Your donations really do matter

Below is a recent email we received from one of the Chaplains we've been supplying. This is the first time we've gotten any news like this and while it deeply saddens me and leaves me without words, we wanted to share with everyone 2 things. 1) The war is still going on and 2) what all of us are doing here (you included) really does matter and helps bring a piece of home and relaxation to our men and women on the front lines....

I want to thank you for the cigars and the portable humidor you sent. I received them about a week and a half ago on Sunday 2June. They came right as I was preparing to go on a mission to visit Soldiers in remote outstations. The timing was perfect. So, I'm sorry about the delay in response, I've wanted to write several times. I waited to include a picture of us smoking to send to you and that was part of the delay. Attached is one of the pictures.

But the main factor in the delay was that on 3June a vehicle borne improvised explosive device was driven into a column of our Soldiers on a dismounted patrol. We lost two Soldiers, 2LT Xxxxxx and his SPC Xxxxxx, six others were wounded. I didn't know it at the time but the orange case of cigar would become a major blessing. On the night of the 4th, I got what was left of the Platoon together we went to the smoke shack and we smoked your cigars in honor of our fallen comrades. It gave them a time laugh and blow off steam, remember the good times and enjoy memories. And then on the 6th after the memorial ceremony I gathered several others and we did the same thing again. That's the picture we attached.

So, I want you to know that your cigars were a major tool I used a Battalion Chaplain to care for the guys on the front line and a major blessing. What you do is deeply appreciated.

v/r CH (CPT) Rob Cox

Cigars for the Troops -donatecigars4troops@gmail.com

No longer a community member.

Re: Your donations really do matter

Thanks for posting this.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Cigars for the Troops is important - thanks for the reminder!
    Puff the Magic Blowfish lived in the sea; But how he smoked underwater is a mystery to me.

Thanks for sharing this. I hope to be making a donation soon.

Full grown Puffer Fish greige matter's Avatar

Getting a bunch together and hope to get them out by next week.

Maturing Puffer Fish ShotgunLuckey's Avatar

Very moving story

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thanks for posting. Our local B&M sent cigars monthly. They have since closed down and it is nice to see that the donations paid off!