Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

TIKI HUT UPDATE****please read****

This is a discussion on TIKI HUT UPDATE****please read**** within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Originally Posted by floydpink anyone hear from Archer lately? I just noticed he hasn't been around for a month and ...

Re: TIKI HUT UPDATE****please read****

Quote Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
    anyone hear from Archer lately?

I just noticed he hasn't been around for a month and is normally active.
    Hope nothing is wrong
    Dave
    Gone for awhile.

I WAS ALWAYS TAUGHT TO RESPECT MY ELDERS.... NOW I DON'T HAVE ANYONE TO
    RESPECT!

Shipments going to Camp Phoenix and FOB Rushmore in preparation for the upcoming troops lottery.Hopefully I'll need lots of room
    Dave...
    Smoke what *YOU* like,like what you smoke

A sixteen pounder is on the way Thomas!
    Dave...

From Thomas Vose at the Tiki Hut.Thanks everyone!
    David:

Thank you for the two shipments of cigars. We were just about "Black" on cigars. They came at a very fortuitous time as several teams from "Down Range" were coming through and we were able to hook them up with cigars to take back to their FOBs. In some cases, so small or in situations that they don't run their generators but 4 hours per day.

In response to your original question, I will not be leaving until next April or May. Many of the current members of the Tiki Hut Cigar Afficianados / Smokers / Connoisseurs will be leaving between now and then. Rest assured that I / we will identify suitable replacements and put you in contact with each other before I rotate out.

Thank you for all that you and all the members of Club Stogie do for us over here, it is greatly appreciated and a definite moral booster.

Sincerely,

SFC Tom Vose
    Dave...

Newbie in the ocean

Gentlemen, I work with Operation From the Heart and I'm very impressed to see the support and generosity that you demonstrate here. Keep up the fine work!!

Leading Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
    Shipments going to Camp Phoenix and FOB Rushmore in preparation for the upcoming troops lottery.Hopefully I'll need lots of room
    That would be accurate...

Quote Originally Posted by preembargo View Post
    Gentlemen, I work with Operation From the Heart and I'm very impressed to see the support and generosity that you demonstrate here. Keep up the fine work!!
    There are many selfless and caring gorillas in this jungle
    Dave...

A Thank You note from the Tiki Hut...
    David,Celeste and Club Stogie,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. I trust that you and your family had a happy Thanksgiving. We had an embarrassment of food available to everyone. Thanksgiving Dinner was served from 1100 - 1500 which gave everyone a chance to eat a hot, sit down meal. NCOs and Officers spelled the soldiers in the towers or on duty elsewhere. We had some snow Dec 1 and the surrounding mts are beginning to keep their snow. It is very picturesque when not obscured by the smog from Kabul.

I received your shipment of 4 boxes today and have already sent cigars down range to Herat and out with an SF SGM who came by. He also received the small travel humidor that someone was thoughtful enough to include. I'll be honest, I thought about keeping it for myself, but then I thought about the likelihood of me going any place that I would need it and gave it to the SGM who is out with soldiers doing real missions.

What you and Club Stogie provided this time is truly generous and thoughtful! The quality and range of your gifts is truly indicative of the support given to the serving military by the members of Club Stogie.

Thank you all and Merry Christmas from the Tiki Hut Gang and Associate Members "Down Range"

Sincerely,

SFC Tom Vose
    Dave...

No longer a community member.

Thank you all and Merry Christmas from the Tiki Hut Gang and Associate Members "Down Range"

Sincerely,

SFC Tom Vose

Awesome Dave, Thanks for sharing!

Sergeant of Marines ragin' cajun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tidefan73 View Post
    Hey, maybe we can plan a herf so I can hand deliver them verse shipping. Interested?!?
    Always interested in a herf T
    Thanks to all the troops overthere in Afghanistan and Iraq. I know how much it means to you all when shipments like this reach the troops at the main bases and I definitly know how much it means to the troops at the far away FOBs who are pounding the ground on a daily basis. Thank you CS members who continue share the wealth for the troops.

Now with that being said... did I read correctly and hear someone mention a herf at Dave's (my donation will be hand delivered if thats the case)? Name the time and place, if I'm not on leave then I'll be there. One last thing 27 days until LSU wins the title.
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]- - SEMPER FI [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]ROCK ON WAR DOGS[/SIZE]

Camp Phoenix Tiki Hut News

Greetings from Kabul, Afghanistan!

I am the most recent Officer in Charge of Cigar Distribution in Camp Phoenix, Afghanistan. (And if you think this title makes me sound self important, it is just the power going to my head!) I just wanted to thank all of the Club Stogie members that have donated cigars and participated in the Support the Troops raffles.

The 27th Bridage, New York Army National Guard has just taken over operations here from the 218th Brigade, South Carolina National Guard. And we Yankees like our smokes just as much as they did!

We have received two shipments from Club Stogie so far- we take the shipments and send them to our troops stationed all over Afghanistan. As some of the SC boys have been passing through Camp Phoenix on the way home, I have been able to talk to them about the success of the program.

Many of them are stationed in 12-20 soldier groups, living in Afgan villages, without the internet or a Post Exchange, and mail is sporadic, at best. These Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors and Marines have told me how much it meant to be able to relax from time to time with a nice smoke. They didn't have much else to look forward to!

It wasn't just the fine cigars you folks sent, it was also knowing that you are supporting them back home. We really appreciate what you do for us over here- thank you!

Of course, we do enjoy a few puffs here at Camp Phoenix as well. I've attached a picture of us relaxing with your last shipment... (BTW, those are near-beers!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Camp Phoenix Tiki Hut News

Hello Lt.,

Thank you men for your service and it's our honor to support you. More packages are on the way. What we manage to accomplish pales in comparison to what you brave men and women so unselfishly give to us.

Be safe and long ashes...

Fred

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by macms View Post
    Hello Lt.,

Thank you men for your service and it's our honor to support you. More packages are on the way. What we manage to accomplish pales in comparison to what you brave men and women so unselfishly give to us.

Fred
    (PM SENT)

HOORAH!!! or HOOAH!!! (I'm not sure what spelling you guys use.)

Al

www.stogietorch.com replicant_argent's Avatar

stay safe, gentlemen.

Glad you could enjoy a few moments of peace and relaxation. It sometimes feels like a small gesture for us (me), but to see you guys firing up and smiling lets at least me know that those sticks are making life a bit more bearable for you.

Drive on....
    Ever Torches and Z-Torches available at www.stogietorch.com

Quote Originally Posted by macms View Post
    Hello Lt.,

Fred
    Amen!
    Rocky

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast