Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

TIKI HUT UPDATE****please read****

This is a discussion on TIKI HUT UPDATE****please read**** within the Cigars for the Troops forums, part of the Cigar Specialty Forums category; Hi all - First of all I want to thank everyone of you for the support you have given me ...

TIKI HUT UPDATE****please read****

Hi all - First of all I want to thank everyone of you for the support you have given me and the Tiki Hut here at Camp Phoenix, Afghanistan for the last year. The tradition of the tiki hut started a long time ago and was passed on to me last June (2006). I am approaching my final days here and will soon be passing the tradition over to someone arriving with the new group.

This has become such a poplular tradition, the tiki hut rarely has an empty seat. The coolerador has been emptied and re-filled several times thanks to the efforts of all of you. The name clubstogie has been revered almost as words spoken in church. So much respect and admiration to all the members of clubstogie.

There are times of course that the coolerador and free cigars are taken for granted and there are those younger ones that think that everything is a hand out. I apologize upfront for any solicitations that you might receive on club stogie. I will be handing this great honor as the keeper of the coolerador and link between the tiki hut and club stogie. If you receive solicitations for donations from soldiers in Afghanistan, with a mailing address of 'Camp Phoenix', rest assured that they are covered under the tiki hut. I believe that your generosity is unstoppable and many of you will answer to the calls of a deployed solider regardless, but the system in place works, we have sanctioned Tiki Hut nights with the coolerador available for all.

There has never been a shortage, in fact in my year I estimate that we have received nearly 6000 cigars from members at Club Stogie, of which it has been an honor to send almost half of those to the outlying areas that fall under this task force. The cigars have been enjoyed by members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, enlisted, NCO's and officers, along with coalition forces from Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Romania, Mongolia and Afghanistan.

I will be using this thread to introduce to you my replacement and I will be directing our new members here. You have become my family and clubstogie has been a sanctuary from the realities of where we are. The evening enjoying a cigar is a break that can never be realized unless you are here. I hope to post to this thread nightly until I leave, and hope to hear from many of you. I look forward to joining your ranks as a supporter of the troops and returning the favors ten fold.

Thank you patriots!

Edwin (mike)

Leading Puffer Fish Fishbeadtwo's Avatar

Re: TIKI HUT UPDATE****please read****

Great post Edwin! Hope your replacement does as good a job as you have. A big tip of my hat to you for your efforts!!!

Elder Puffer Fish Leader

Great to hear from you, Mike !!!!! Godspeed, Brother.

Good to hear from you Mike,maybe a mod can replace the "May i be so bold" sticky with this thread...what say you mods?
    Dave...
    Smoke what *YOU* like,like what you smoke

www.stogietorch.com replicant_argent's Avatar

Thanks Edwin, and thanks to all the guys that enjoy the smokes.
    I look forward to sending another batch soon, and Dave is ceaseless looking for additions to the care packages.
    as was said...

Godspeed, and I hope you and your brothers in arms stay safe.

Pete.
    Ever Torches and Z-Torches available at www.stogietorch.com

JCK

Mike,

Those are some very strong words of thanks, but nothing can express how I/we all feel about the job you're doing and the risks you're taking for everyone on Clubstogie, everyone in our country. Cigars are the least we can do to say thank-you.

Thanks for sharing your words here. God speed on a safe return.

Ji

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by khubli View Post
    Mike,

Those are some very strong words of thanks, but nothing can express how I/we all feel about the job you're doing and the risks you're taking for everyone on Clubstogie, everyone in our country. Cigars are the least we can do to say thank-you.

Thanks for sharing your words here. God speed on a safe return.

Ji
    Well spoken, Ji.

Quote Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
    Good to hear from you Mike,maybe a mod can replace the "May i be so bold" sticky with this thread...what say you mods?
    Done.

Thank you for your service Mike, and I know we will try to keep our men and women in harm's way smoking good all the time.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

No longer a community member. pnoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
    I tried to do this but it appears that one of my bretheren has beaten me to it.

Pretentious.Bastge.Online Tristan's Avatar

Great post; this is one of the things that makes CS such a great community.

Quote Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
    I tried to do this but it appears that one of my bretheren has beaten me to it.
    thank you anyway Peter!
    Dave...

Ann Coulter's Cabana Boy Corona Gigante's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    ...in my year I estimate that we have received nearly 6000 cigars from members at Club Stogie, of which it has been an honor to send almost half of those to the outlying areas that fall under this task force. The cigars have been enjoyed by members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine, enlisted, NCO's and officers, along with coalition forces from Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Romania, Mongolia and Afghanistan.

Wow! That's awesome!

So is your address still the same for the time being?

Michael James
    HHC 41 BCT
    Camp Phoenix
    APO AE 09320
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter."
    ~Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Corona Gigante View Post
    Wow! That's awesome!

So is your address still the same for the time being?

Michael James
    HHC 41 BCT
    Camp Phoenix
    APO AE 09320
    thats it Nicholas...
    I want to throw out a throw out a thanks to Roger Miller and SvilleKid for their generous package...
    Dave...

Dave's not here, man! hollywood's Avatar

Great post Mike!! I truly feel honored to have been even a small part in trying to show you our support and respect for the service you all are doing for our country.

I look forward to continuing the relay through your replacement; and also seeing you back home and hanging around the jungle family!!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes smokeyscotch's Avatar

Great post, Mike. Being a newb, I have not yet paticipated in sending sticks to the Tiki Hut yet. I hope to be able to get in on one of the next shipments. I appreciate everything you guys and gals are doing over there. You all are the true Patriots, and defend our safety and freedom to enjoy our hobby here at home.

Thank you!

-Tim
    Tim

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast