Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Coffee Forum

This is a discussion on Coffee Forum within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; So many gorillas are coffee lovers as well, so I thought it would be a good idea to start a ...

Arrow Coffee Forum

So many gorillas are coffee lovers as well, so I thought it would be a good idea to start a dedicated thread. Perhaps eventually it will evolve into an actual Sub-Forum.

I found a coffee of the month deal for six months. Anyone think this is a decent deal?

Re: Coffee Forum

If you look at it terms of straight price, I think it's fair to middlin' at best. However, IMHO, if trying good exotic coffees, like trying new cigars, is a pleasurable experience, I think it's very worthwhile!!!

My problem with many coffees is that they don't advertise as "blends" but are still mixed with other coffee beans. It's been a long time since I had a good cup of pure Kona. Green Mountain coffee overall has received some nice reviews at http://www.coffeereview.com. I think the coffee of the month would be worth a shot, especially if you were happy with their quality. I'd love to hear what you think if you go for it!!!
    [SIZE=2]Moglman[/SIZE]

Doesn't seem to be a bad deal if you don't roast your own beans. You can get any of those coffee's (except Kona) for $4-6 a pound green.
    Zemekone: You know why I remember this song?
    Icehog3: It was playing the first time we had sex?
    I've had this taste in my mouth before....DaKlugs
    Those weren't headphones, Ian. Icehog3

For those of you that roast at home, check out this site:

Cubano coffee

Actually, non-roasters can benefit too, you can buy it roasted.

Question Re: Coffee Forum

I'm interested in getting a coffee roaster. Can you roaster guys recomment a good quality unit for under $200?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    I'm interested in getting a coffee roaster. Can you roaster guys recomment a good quality unit for under $200?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    How about under $50?

FreshRoast Plus

They also have a deal where you get the roaster, a grinder and 5 different coffees for $79.95. Check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJefe
    How about under $50?

FreshRoast Plus

They also have a deal where you get the roaster, a grinder and 5 different coffees for $79.95. Check it out.
    WOOO HOOO!!!
    Just pulled the trigger on the roaster. Got the 79. deal. Figured for 90 bucks delivered how could I go wrong. Can't wait to start roasting!!!!
    Thanks for the heads up Jeff!!!
    Now all we need to do is get some gorillas together and do a group green bean buy. I saw a good price on a 100 pounds of green Kona. Anybody interested?

How long can you keep green beans????
    "Gentlemen, you may smoke." King Edward VII of England

Quote Originally Posted by MocoBird
    WOOO HOOO!!!
    Just pulled the trigger on the roaster. Got the 79. deal. Figured for 90 bucks delivered how could I go wrong. Can't wait to start roasting!!!!
    Now all we need to do is get some gorillas together and do a group green bean buy. I saw a good price on a 100 pounds of green Kona. Anybody interested?

If you keep them in a cool, dry place you can keep green beans up to 10 years. Only 5 days after you roast them though and only 2-3 hours after you grind them. Let me know how your first roast comes out!

IHT

some have tried to get a coffee roasting forum added. would be a nice addition.
    http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11482
    "To be second guessed, you have to be the first guesser."

Talking Re: Coffee Forum

Thanks for the link Jeff. Really thinking about springing for the FreshRoast Plus! For that price you can't go wrong. What have been your experiences with that roaster so far? I like the fact that you can keep green beans for some time without them spoiling.

Mocobird, if I end up getting the roaster I might be up for a green bean group buy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

DAMN YOU DONJEFE!

First you send me my first cuban cigars (while Visa has declared you man of the year, my wife now refers to you as 'the dartboard')

Then you give me the shove into the FR8+ (which, btw, I highly recommend - inexpensive, and once you get the hang of it - superb coffee)

Now you go posting that link!

I'm just gonna shorten the whole thing to DYDJ!

PM sent
    It's safe to assume you've created God in YOUR image when he hates the same people you do.

Quote Originally Posted by RcktS4
    I've said it before and I'll say it again:

DAMN YOU DONJEFE!

First you send me my first cuban cigars (while Visa has declared you man of the year, my wife now refers to you as 'the dartboard')

Then you give me the shove into the FR8+ (which, btw, I highly recommend - inexpensive, and once you get the hang of it - superb coffee)

Now you go posting that link!

I'm just gonna shorten the whole thing to DYDJ!

PM sent
    The dartboard?! OUCH! BTW, you're welcome Raney!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Thanks for the link Jeff. Really thinking about springing for the FreshRoast Plus! For that price you can't go wrong. What have been your experiences with that roaster so far? I like the fact that you can keep green beans for some time without them spoiling.

Mocobird, if I end up getting the roaster I might be up for a green bean group buy.
    Jeff - I would highly recommend the home roaster over the Green mountain deal. Personally, I have never been impressed with their coffees - and I am not too trusting of coffeereview.com (I often disagree with their 'highly rated' stuff). If you want to buy roasted, I really cannot recommend intelligentsiacoffee.com highly enough. Seriously. Killerbeans.com has great coffee IF - and this is a very important if - you like very dark roasts. Plus Jerry is a great guy to deal with.

The FreshRoast is a great deal. It basically roasts enough for a great pot in 6 - 8 minutes (YMMV) and the coffee is spectacular, though there is a bit of a learning curve to roasting. I have taken to running it for about 4 minutes (to 'first crack'), then I run it on 'cool' for about 30 seconds or so, then under heat for another 2- 4 minutes (depending on what roast I'm going for). Much simpler than it probably sounds.
    It's safe to assume you've created God in YOUR image when he hates the same people you do.

Talking Re: Coffee Forum

[SIZE=4]Next order of business... Convince the wife that this roaster is a necessary gadget that we can't be without for one more day. hehe[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by MocoBird
    WOOO HOOO!!!

This is sounding too good. I am going to seriously consider getting the roaster as well, and if I do, you can bet I'd be up for a group Kona buy. Fuggin A!!!
    [SIZE=2]Moglman[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast