Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Got myself a new coffee setup...!

This is a discussion on Got myself a new coffee setup...! within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; I ordered last week the iRoast coffee roaster after the reviews on this and other forums. I've wanted to get ...

par
    Puffer Fish with many spikes par's Avatar

Got myself a new coffee setup...!

I ordered last week the iRoast coffee roaster after the reviews on this and other forums. I've wanted to get into roasting for a long time, and wednesday of last week was slow so i decided to order one!

Now. for various reasons i had the right to spend up to $2,000 on miscellaneous electrical appliances and get it 100% re-imbursed from my company. This has to do with my assignment in japan.

So i decided to spend all that money on a fancy coffee maker. I got a new kitchen in my place in california, and my old coffee maker was not doing too well so i splurged and bought myself the Jura S9 coffee maker.
    If all works well i should see both the coffee maker and the roaster in the next few days!

Re: Got myself a new coffee setup...!

Looks awesome par!! And on the company dollar!

Let us know how it works.

Vodka is food....who's hungry?

You're welcome, Dave.

Sneaky Bombin Bastage catfishm2's Avatar

Wow. very nice. Congratulations. My only problem with a machine like that is that I would have to hire someone to teach me how to operate it. I know your're going to enjoy it, congrats again.
    "The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood."..... Logan Pearsall Smith

That is awesome Par! For the past month, every time I look at my old drip coffee maker, I just cringe. I am jealous. Can't wait to hear the review. I would love to hear people's thoughts on the best value priced coffee makers. Should I be looking at a combo drip/espresso, or what?
    [SIZE=2]Moglman[/SIZE]

Puffer Fish with many spikes mels95yj's Avatar

Dang Par, do you need an engineering degree to work that thing?!? That's a sweet looking machine you've got there. Sadly, if it doesn't say Mr. Coffee, I'm clueless!

Mel

Wow,

beautiful setup Par. Definitely sparked a little 'espresso envy' in me!

Quote Originally Posted by Moglman
    That is awesome Par! For the past month, every time I look at my old drip coffee maker, I just cringe. I am jealous. Can't wait to hear the review. I would love to hear people's thoughts on the best value priced coffee makers. Should I be looking at a combo drip/espresso, or what?
    Mogl - I would avoid the combo machines like the plague if I were you. Generally they don't really do either job very well. A good espresso machine is pretty expensive - personally, I wouldn't buy one for under about $300. For drip, the most important things are brew temp, and time it takes to brew a full pot. coffeegeek.com usually has some great advice on all sorts of machines.

By the way - for all you roasting gorillas: there is a pretty active coffee roasting clique over at the cigarwise message board. Lots of people roasting lots of coffee to go with their cigars.
    It's safe to assume you've created God in YOUR image when he hates the same people you do.

Very nice! I was watching HGTV last night and I saw a guy that had a built in espresso machine in his kitchen. It was awesome!
    Zemekone: You know why I remember this song?
    Icehog3: It was playing the first time we had sex?
    I've had this taste in my mouth before....DaKlugs
    Those weren't headphones, Ian. Icehog3

JDO
    Puffer Fish with many spikes JDO's Avatar

That is a serious looking piece of equipment. I like it
    Jason
    Will work for Padron Anniversary 1964's!!

Jesus,,what a set up...........

Jerry in Minnesota.
    Proud Past Rider Of The Short Bus...

Wow par thats beautiful.. nice choice..
    Skeeter a bad influence? I think not.