Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What Are You Roasting Now?

This is a discussion on What Are You Roasting Now? within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Always interested in hearing what you guys have ben roasting. For me this week it's been some Costa Rica-La Minita. ...

Sneaky Bombin Bastage catfishm2's Avatar

What Are You Roasting Now?

Always interested in hearing what you guys have ben roasting. For me this week it's been some Costa Rica-La Minita. If I had to describe it, I would say it had sort of a sweet aroma and a full body. Anyone else?

Mark
    "The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood."..... Logan Pearsall Smith

Re: What Are You Roasting Now?

This week it was Costa Rica Tarrazu Conquistador, which is another bean from the West Valley. The La Minita is my goto coffee, but I roasted the last of my 10 lbs two weeks ago. I still have a bit of Kenyan Karatina from last week around.

The La Minita is just that cut above everything else in the region. In fact, I'll commit heresy and say that I prefer it to JBM (present day JBM that is). The word is getting out on this coffee though and I've noticed the price creeping up over the past year or so.
    Roast 'em if ya got 'em!

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Admin roasted my old sign on - so I cooked up a new one.

Agree w/ Costa Rican as a brewed coffee goto - I roasted some once and it made the perfect Americano - perfect. Unfortunately I never duplicated it.

This months espresso has been green premixs of Sumatra and Mexican (1.5 cups ea) and Guat/Nicaragua (1 cup ea) - both taken to an early fast second crack. Pretty darn good cappas outta this - but not as good as that cup of CR Tarazu Americano.

How do you roast the La Minita? Is it very good after dinner w/ a cigar, by any chance?
    Last edited by Mister Moo; 09-08-2005 at 04:26 PM.

Since I am not roasting for espresso, I tend to roast La Minita to City+ most of the time. This allows the undertones to come through. A mild cigar with this is great. Last Saturday I had a mug of La Minita with a CAO Gold, that was a good day.
    Roast 'em if ya got 'em!

Puffer Fish with many spikes mels95yj's Avatar

I'm bringing this back to the top. Just curious to see what everyone's roasting. For me, I'm still on my sampler that came with the roaster/grinder. I'm roasting some Indian Mysore Nuggets. Since I'm still learning, I'm roasting until about 20 seconds into the second crack.

Mel

I haven't roasted anything in awhile. Still enjoying those great beans Dale sent me.
    "The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood."..... Logan Pearsall Smith

I just roasted up some La Minta and blended it with some Sumatran Mandheling (sp?). The batch of La Minta I have is too "clean" for my taste. I had to blend it with something since I wouldn't drink it straight.

Roasted, ground, and brewed some Cubita about an hour ago and the whole house still has that wonderful aroma permeating throughout...oh and it tastes devine...just gotta figure what to smoke with it hmmmmmmmm!
    Last edited by AF MAN; 11-07-2005 at 07:49 AM.
    Happy Smokin Bros and Broettes

I can't say nope to the slope!!!

Don

Full grown Puffer Fish

Well Thanks to Whodat1 or Jim I am know wanting to roast my own coffee. He has educated me a little about this and I am oging to make a roaster and get some beans and try it out for my first time real soon.

Thanks Jim
    Life is to short to not have fun and smoke stogies

Quote Originally Posted by snrscnr2003
    Well Thanks to Whodat1 or Jim I am know wanting to roast my own coffee. He has educated me a little about this and I am oging to make a roaster and get some beans and try it out for my first time real soon.

Thanks Jim
    Muwhahahaha, another one brought to the dark side!
    Roast 'em if ya got 'em!

Roasted some Brasil Santos tonight. First time I've tried this I think. Roasted it to Full City. I'm going to grind some in the morning and see if this is one I want to keep on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by whodat1
    Muwhahahaha, another one brought to the dark side!

Uh...don't you mean The Dark Roast Side
    Happy Smokin Bros and Broettes

I can't say nope to the slope!!!

Don

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by AF MAN
    Yeah I am going down the roasted slope I am doomed for sure
    Life is to short to not have fun and smoke stogies

Quote Originally Posted by AF MAN
    Yes, a common mistake of beginning roasters. But they will roast lighter with experience.
    Roast 'em if ya got 'em!

Puffer Fish with many spikes mels95yj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whodat1
    Yes, a common mistake of beginning roasters. But they will roast lighter with experience.
    What do you mean by this? I usually roast mine until the oils start to show on the beans giving it a shiny appearance. This is usually in the beginning of the second crack. Of course, I usuallly try to find recommendations for the actual bean.

Mel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast