Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

vacuum seal coffee canister

This is a discussion on vacuum seal coffee canister within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Do you guys use these and do they work well at preserving the beans longer? which ones are the best ...

Young Puffer Fish

vacuum seal coffee canister

Do you guys use these and do they work well at preserving the beans longer? which ones are the best bang for your buck?

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Re: vacuum seal coffee canister

Quote Originally Posted by LAMF View Post
    Do you guys use these and do they work well at preserving the beans longer? which ones are the best bang for your buck?
    Rare that I have any beans around more than a week or two; a sealed ziplock does fine. Keep beans away from sunlight, refrigerators* and heat.

Best bet for storage is a sealed glass jar, Mason-type.

*Beans fresh-roasted, cooled and put into sealed Mason jars can be stored for months in a freezer. Q: Why bother? A: I dunno
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Dream big. Love limitless. Live fully. Laugh often. Drink great coffee. UB on FaceBook here.

Alpha Puffer Fish

These would be a greener choice, if the alternative was the normal plastic vac bags. However, I would not want to put these to use vacuuming roasted beans repeatedly in an attempt to stretch their shelf life beyond the norm.

Outgassing of volatile flavor elements might be negligible in one cycling, but do it a multiple of times and the damage will add up...

Quote Originally Posted by raisin View Post
    These would be a greener choice, if the alternative was the normal plastic vac bags. However, I would not want to put these to use vacuuming roasted beans repeatedly in an attempt to stretch their shelf life beyond the norm.

Outgassing of volatile flavor elements might be negligible in one cycling, but do it a multiple of times and the damage will add up...
    Yo raisin. This reads like one of my many Cape Fear Robert DiNiro Drowning Speaking In Tongues posts. Well done. What does it mean?

"These" what?

Where did "vacuuming" come from?

What "damage" adds up from which process?

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post

"These" what?

Where did "vacuuming" come from?
    Ah These would be in the title "Vacuum seal coffee canister"

And "vacuuming" would be in the title as well.
    "They must find it difficult... Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority."
    Gerald Massey

Quote Originally Posted by germantown rob View Post
    Ah These would be in the title "Vacuum seal coffee canister"

And "vacuuming" would be in the title as well.
    I am so yesterday's news. This is something other than a container with a mash-down (partial vacuum) lid?

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    I am so yesterday's news. This is something other than a container with a mash-down (partial vacuum) lid?
    I've been storing, with good rersults, store bought roasted coffee beans
    in this type container. After several years mine is starting to fail. Does anyone know where I can buy one like this? The brand I own went "tits up" AKA: out of business.