Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Coffee - What are you drinking right now?

This is a discussion on Coffee - What are you drinking right now? within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; It's either 12 or 16 I can't remember off the top of my head. You get 2 bags though, each ...

HIM

Re: Coffee - What are you drinking right now?

It's either 12 or 16 I can't remember off the top of my head. You get 2 bags though, each being a different single origin bean from a different region. For something I got as a gift for swmbo I've certainly been enjoying the hell out of it.
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
    Out of curiousity, how do you keep that much coffee fresh or do you consume it with no problems in a two week period?
    I froze half of it.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla whodeeni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HIM View Post
    It's either 12 or 16 I can't remember off the top of my head. You get 2 bags though, each being a different single origin bean from a different region. For something I got as a gift for swmbo I've certainly been enjoying the hell out of it.
    That's what Tonx does. they ship you 12 oz every two weeks. I have this colombian Sangre de Something. I swear I'm gonna cry
    when I run out. (Never thought id start "stalking coffee roasts"!
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    I froze half of it.
    What's your method for freezing brotha? I use a wide mouth mason
    Jar. Pour the beans into a ziplock inside of the quart jar. Label
    and store in the freezer. Does that sound about right?
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

Today I did some Greenwell Estate Kona from Blue Macaw Roasters!
    Very good coffee!

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

JABLUM Instant - reputedly Jamaican Blue Mountain instant. Pretty good and pretty mild
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

What's your method for freezing brotha? I use a wide mouth mason
    Jar. Pour the beans into a ziplock inside of the quart jar. Label
    and store in the freezer. Does that sound about right?
    I haven't frozen coffee in years but considering how much I already had roasted on hand the extra five pounds was way too much to use in a month, even if only for a press. The boffins at alt.coffee did a series of tests maybe 10 years ago and I played along at home with their methods; fresh roast cooled to room temp and frozen inside sealed canning jars full to the top - no baggie. I froze mine for a few months and couldn't tell it from freshly roasted. The alt.coffee test ran, if I recall, for six months and they had the same experience - as fresh. When the jar is removed from the freezer keep it sealed until it has come fully to room temperature or you'll get condensation on the beans.

If the coffee was frozen soon after roasting it will begin to outgas CO2 after it thaws. That's a heads up so nobody somehow explodes a glass jar.

HIM

That's what Tonx does. they ship you 12 oz every two weeks. I have this colombian Sangre de Something. I swear I'm gonna cry
    when I run out. (Never thought id start "stalking coffee roasts"!
    That's pretty much the same thing we just chose to get ours once a month. I know how you feel too... it was a sad day when I ran out of Yirgacheffe Blue Nile.

I haven't frozen coffee in years but considering how much I already had roasted on hand the extra five pounds was way too much to use in a month, even if only for a press. The boffins at alt.coffee did a series of tests maybe 10 years ago and I played along at home with their methods; fresh roast cooled to room temp and frozen inside sealed canning jars full to the top - no baggie. I froze mine for a few months and couldn't tell it from freshly roasted. The alt.coffee test ran, if I recall, for six months and they had the same experience - as fresh. When the jar is removed from the freezer keep it sealed until it has come fully to room temperature or you'll get condensation on the beans.

If the coffee was frozen soon after roasting it will begin to outgas CO2 after it thaws. That's a heads up so nobody somehow explodes a glass jar.
    Wow,

You've been around for a while. I remember when those alt.'s used to be very popular in the late 90's! Thanks for the info.
    I ended up putting most of the remaining Pablo's Pride (from Sam's) in a Mason Jar w/ no plastic bag. I still have 4 bleans left to
    go.

Wow,

You've been around for a while...
    That is the understatement of the year.

That is the understatement of the year.
    *lol* Too Funny. We have a mutual friend in Patrick (Big Swole)

HIM

Colombian Bucaramanga Supremo. Wonderful floral and chocolate aroma. Nice syrup like sweetness balanced out by notes of chocolate, what reminds me of an unsweetened tea like flavor, and an underlying roast character. Medium acidity.

Cold brewed concentrate diluted back down with cold water since I ran out of milk.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Some French press Dunkin Donuts!
    Your an astute man for that choice. I have been to dozens of roasting operations and very few maintain the quality or roasting profile they do. Many of the stores will sell you a double for $15 and is up to you to ask for their delivery day to insure very fresh. I am pretty sure they use the very good Chiapis and Guatemalen only to first crack medium. My go to brew nearly every day!
    Today is Alterra Voltaires blended.

HIM

Nicaraguan single origin from Segovia. Pretty tasty

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

Gevalia French Roast. Excellent aroma and complexity.

Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast