Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Coffee - What are you drinking right now?

This is a discussion on Coffee - What are you drinking right now? within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; There's a coffee section too! I could spend way too much time on this forum. Starbucks Sumatra for me. Gevalia ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes beachbum's Avatar

Re: Coffee - What are you drinking right now?

There's a coffee section too! I could spend way too much time on this forum.
    Starbucks Sumatra for me.

Gevalia French Roast.
    That's pretty good stuff. Had some for the first time last year, without any bitterness. Some of of their stuff reminds me of the coffee I was drinking in Costa Rica.

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

I thought Gevalia was going to be a complete bust the first time I got a few packs (Only ordered it for the coffee maker), but when I first tried the first cup it was amazing! Its still pretty expensive coffee for my liking, but sometimes you just have to pony-up the money if you want something good. One of the best I had was the Peruvian Organic, a medium roast with a very smooth finish.

Full grown Puffer Fish Regiampiero's Avatar

Actually...I just went in the gevalia website and they are offering one of those deals again. 4 boxes of coffee and a 15 pieces tea set (Don't hate!) for $14.99 if you sign-up for the auto delivery service. I've done it before, and you don't even have to receive or pay for anything else other than the original purchase of $14.99. Just call a week after receiving the coffee and say you don't like it and want to cancel the service. This way you can try 4 different types of coffee and then go buy the ones you want in your local store. Just remember that local store don't carry all of the gevalia blends.

Najjar with Cardamom (5%) -- product of Lebanon from Brasilian bean, espresso ground and press brewed. With cream and honey.

Young Puffer Fish Callum Harris's Avatar

Great little cuban cigar cafe in Brisbane called Paladar. He roasts his beans himself and the traditional Cuban way. He will sell you beans if you ask. They are roasted past the espresso roast which I don't really like usually, but the beans he uses are very acidic to begin with, so the extra roasting brings down the acidity and leaves a unique tasting bean that gives me a nice dark crema with a full body, which you can still taste the cuban origin, even tho it's been roasted so much
    Name:  cuban wall.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  101.6 KB
    Took this last time I was there

Quote Originally Posted by Callum Harris View Post
    Great little cuban cigar cafe in Brisbane called Paladar. He roasts his beans himself and the traditional Cuban way. He will sell you beans if you ask. They are roasted past the espresso roast which I don't really like usually, but the beans he uses are very acidic to begin with, so the extra roasting brings down the acidity and leaves a unique tasting bean that gives me a nice dark crema with a full body, which you can still taste the cuban origin, even tho it's been roasted so much
    That sounds great!!

Young Puffer Fish

Oh man ... coffee, cigars, beer ... I can't get away from this site! lol
    I roast my own coffee and just finished a nice cup of Ethiopian Goma Duramino that i roasted to City +
    It's on day 5 and the fruit bomb is really starting to come out.
    Great cup to accompany the Nica Libre 1990 that went with it!

I'm pretty boring with my coffee. I have a stash of Starbucks Sumatra. I occasionally will get the Defiant Roasters Sumatra or Italian roast as well.

ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla whodeeni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HIM View Post
    Colombian Bucaramanga Supremo. Wonderful floral and chocolate aroma. Nice syrup like sweetness balanced out by notes of chocolate, what reminds me of an unsweetened tea like flavor, and an underlying roast character. Medium acidity.

Cold brewed concentrate diluted back down with cold water since I ran out of milk.
    I tend to drink my cold brew straight up. I've been playing with the amount of tablespoons and
    I use 8 in my 24oz french press. How many tablespoons or scoops do you use when making
    your "Concentrate"?
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

HIM

1 1/3 cup fine ground and 6 cups of water. From there I usually use one part concentrate to one part milk for a cup of coffee.
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

Quote Originally Posted by HIM View Post
    1 1/3 cup fine ground and 6 cups of water. From there I usually use one part concentrate to one part milk for a cup of coffee.
    You must have that big 64oz french press if you can fit 6 cups of water in there! Its interesting that you use fine ground. All the instructions I found suggested
    coarse (because you're using a french press I presume). I'm gonna switch to fine grounds for now until I buy a bigger FP.
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

HIM

Quote Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
    You must have that big 64oz french press if you can fit 6 cups of water in there! Its interesting that you use fine ground. All the instructions I found suggested
    coarse (because you're using a french press I presume). I'm gonna switch to fine grounds for now until I buy a bigger FP.
    I actually don't use a French press I use two of those big plastic 64oz jugs you use to make koolaid in. After 24 hours on the grounds I pour everything from one jug through a reusable filter into another jug. I like the finer espresso grind because it has more surface area so more is extracted from the beans giving more flavor and strength. Eatch batch is usually enough for a week.
    Yeasty Airlocks And Carboys Full Of Ale!!

^^Oh Wow! Thanks for the tip! Guess I'll have to buy to juice cartons. Don't really drink juice anymore
    but hey, I have to try out your formula! I love cold brewed!

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

A Starbucks bottled Frappacino - Vanilla
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

I bought about 3 oz of a double french roast from Wynco's here in Vegas
    last night. They have a single origin Nicaraguan Bean, and One from Antigua.
    I'm gonna go back and buy a few oz of each tonight. The hotel that I'm
    staying at has that Starbucks crap starting at $3.30 per cup. I bought a cup
    of hot water from them for $1.00 and used my filters to "pour my own coffee".

This bean is dark, rich, and smoky as they depicted it! Good stuff.
    Enough for me to want to try more blends out!

Page 34 of 56 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast