Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

K-cup question

This is a discussion on K-cup question within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; oops, sorry i thought this thread was about some other kups....

No longer a community member.

Re: K-cup question

oops, sorry i thought this thread was about some other kups.

If you like your coffee strong, as I do, go for the strongest they make, green mountain double diamond, or one step below, dark magic.
    I save about 57 percent on cost by using the octa flow. It allows you to put your own coffee in and brew.
    The one made by keurig sucks, and you have to take a piece of the machine to use. With this one, you just grind and add 2 tbsps of coffee and good to go.
    I buy peats whole bean french roast. It puts the costs down to less then half. So in the morning I use the prepackage to get myself going, and after that I use my own coffee.
    If you like a good medium blend the caribou blend is very good. (not green mountain)

Good luck Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by veteranvmb View Post
    If you like your coffee strong, as I do, go for the strongest they make, green mountain double diamond, or one step below, dark magic.
    I save about 57 percent on cost by using the octa flow. It allows you to put your own coffee in and brew.
    The one made by keurig sucks, and you have to take a piece of the machine to use. With this one, you just grind and add 2 tbsps of coffee and good to go.
    I buy peats whole bean french roast. It puts the costs down to less then half. So in the morning I use the prepackage to get myself going, and after that I use my own coffee.
    If you like a good medium blend the caribou blend is very good. (not green mountain)

Good luck Jerry

This is good stuff, I will check out that octa flow, because my has accused me of being cheap once in a while. Any advice on where the best place to get one is?

Thanks

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Jerry, who makes the "Octa Flow"? I tried Google and pretty came up empty.. Thanks
    I'm just a cigar and coffee WHORE..

Quote Originally Posted by ezred View Post
    This is good stuff, I will check out that octa flow, because my has accused me of being cheap once in a while. Any advice on where the best place to get one is?

Thanks
    It was actually cheaper straight from their web site. I purchased 2 of them about 6 months ago, and the first one is still going strong.
    Cant remember, but about 10 bucks. Do not, Do not, buy that keurig piece of crap for your own coffee. Here it is. Its actually called solofill, with the octaflo system.

Solofill Cup, Reusable K-Cup, Refillable K-Cup for Keurig Brewers

J

Jerry
    Thanks for posting the link
    I need to order a few tonight
    An "oath" has no expiration date......

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Yes, thanks a ton!
    I'm just a cigar and coffee WHORE..

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish maxwell62's Avatar

Thanks Jerry.
    I recall seeing your prior mention of this item, but forgot the name, now I'll order one or two.
    Anything to get a better cup of coffee from that machine.
    Will also track down the coffees you mentioned.
    Thanks again,
    Bob.
    (maxwell62)

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes CALIFORNIA KID's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by E Dogg View Post
    I have tried every which way making a cup with this gizmo and have never been able to brew a good cup. Yes, I was using good freshly ground beans from
    a local roaster, but no matter what I do, it always tastes watered down.

Any secrets you have would be great!
    my guess would be a balance, of make a smaller cup, add more coffee to the basket, grind the coffee finer.
    disclaimer: I am a just a guy with too many cigars and too many guns, what ever I say is probably wrong. PM me if you are in the 916 and want to herf

Quote Originally Posted by veteranvmb View Post
    It was actually cheaper straight from their web site. I purchased 2 of them about 6 months ago, and the first one is still going strong.
    Cant remember, but about 10 bucks. Do not, Do not, buy that keurig piece of crap for your own coffee. Here it is. Its actually called solofill, with the octaflo system.

Solofill Cup, Reusable K-Cup, Refillable K-Cup for Keurig Brewers

J
    Thanks for the tip!

"That Keurig piece of crap for your own coffee" came free with my coffee maker, and I still haven't used it because it's too much of a pain in the neck to take everything apart to install it.

I was going to order one of these SoloFills online after reading your recommendation, but I found one at Bed Bath and Beyond today. $15.

Quote Originally Posted by E Dogg View Post
    I have tried every which way making a cup with this gizmo and have never been able to brew a good cup. Yes, I was using good freshly ground beans from
    a local roaster, but no matter what I do, it always tastes watered down.

Any secrets you have would be great!
    Holy cow! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I gave up on trying to use this stupid thing. I could never seem to get a good cup out of it even using some of my favorite blends. Ordering the solofil time now!

No longer a community member.

Best thing to do is get real coffee (most K-cup coffee tastes like bitter monkey ass)

and use a plastic "refillable" k-cup thing

the one it comes with usually sucks, get an aftermarket one like this:
    http://www.amazon.com/EZ-Cup-Keurig-...3490060&sr=1-3

pop some coffee from the grinder in there, hit go and bam - you add like 10 seconds to your process, but it doesnt taste like death. You're also not using up tons of plastic every day just for a cup o joe

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Hopperb's Avatar

I prefer the Tullys Kona for the Keurig.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

Another great source for K Cups is Coffee Cart. I generally drink either Eclipse or Double Black Diamond. They are about the strongest available at this time.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by taltos View Post
    Another great source for K Cups is Coffee Cart. I generally drink either Eclipse or Double Black Diamond. They are about the strongest available at this time.

Have you ever tried Jet Fuel? Its very good and flavorful. Pretty darn strong to boot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast