Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

K-cup question

This is a discussion on K-cup question within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Originally Posted by maxlexi Have you ever tried Jet Fuel? Its very good and flavorful. Pretty darn strong to boot. ...

Full grown Puffer Fish Strickland's Avatar

Re: K-cup question

Quote Originally Posted by maxlexi View Post
    Have you ever tried Jet Fuel? Its very good and flavorful. Pretty darn strong to boot.
    I was just going to post that. Jet Fuel is definitely my favorite prepackaged coffee!

My very favorite is this in the My K-Cup, though...
    Mah blog! -->

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxlexi View Post
    Have you ever tried Jet Fuel? Its very good and flavorful. Pretty darn strong to boot.
    I have tried it but I have found that most Coffee People products taste burned to me. Much prefer the Van Houtte and Green Mountain lines.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

Newbie in the ocean

The Keurigs are ok for a quick cup of coffee, I have not found any of the prepackaged ones that are great, but there are many "passable" "good" ones out there.

I found that when using the My Kcup adapter you have to use a very fine grind, near a espresso grind to get the best flavor.

Edit: on a side note I find it sad that my first post on a Cigar forum is in the coffee subsection.

Around January they raised the prices on K-Cups considerably so I don't buy them at all anymore. I use the solofill reusable K-Cup now and grind the coffee fresh and run it through the maker. It works really well and the coffee comes out tasting fantastic. Just remember to wash out the solofill right away and the grounds come out really easy. If you wait and rinse it out later it takes a little more effort.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Voorhees's Avatar

I have a Solofill and have been less than pleased with it, to much coffee and water pours out of it. Too little and you have weak ass coffee. I still use the k cups from Folger's (Black Silk).

-J

Quote Originally Posted by Voorhees View Post
    I have a Solofill and have been less than pleased with it, to much coffee and water pours out of it. Too little and you have weak ass coffee. I still use the k cups from Folger's (Black Silk).

-J
    I had problems with the solofill at first when I was using pre-ground coffee but now I'm using a high quality burr grinder and it comes out just right when I do an espresso grind.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish Fury556's Avatar

I've been getting Kcups from Dunkin Doughnuts and they are pretty damn good, my favorite so far. Doesn't taste bitter or burnt or watered down. Not quite as strong as I prefer but decent.

Student of the Stogie Pianoman178's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ezred View Post
    My wife recently bought a Keurig (sp) one cup maker and we have been trying some of the different flavors. Was curious if anyone else had opinions on where to get the best deals on a variety pack of K-cups.

Also what are your favorite blends? So far I like the Breakfast Blend and the Donut Shop.

Thanks in advance.
    I've been using a K-Cup machine for years now. My wife and I absolutely love it. We don't even use our old full coffee pot anymore unless we have company over.

That being said, we usually try to keep it around $0.50 per cup. I'll even use the same cup twice if I need a "heater."

The best place I've found for deals is actually Kohl's department store. I don't know if you have them around you...I live in Wisconsin. I have their store credit card, so I get 15%, 20%, or 30% coupons every month and you can use them on anything in the store. I wait for the K-Cups to go on sale at around $12 per 18 and then go buy 10+ boxes at 30% off of that.

That equals to about $8.50 per box of 18, so $0.46 per cup

Good luck

-Piano

An Old Retired Wiseguy! JohnnyFlake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pianoman178 View Post
    I've been using a K-Cup machine for years now. My wife and I absolutely love it. We don't even use our old full coffee pot anymore unless we have company over.

That being said, we usually try to keep it around $0.50 per cup. I'll even use the same cup twice if I need a "heater."

The best place I've found for deals is actually Kohl's department store. I don't know if you have them around you...I live in Wisconsin. I have their store credit card, so I get 15%, 20%, or 30% coupons every month and you can use them on anything in the store. I wait for the K-Cups to go on sale at around $12 per 18 and then go buy 10+ boxes at 30% off of that.

That equals to about $8.50 per box of 18, so $0.46 per cup

Good luck

-Piano
    Like you and I guess many other K-Cup users, you need to shop around. The prices for K-Cups have gone through the roof this past year. I have set and absolute maximum of .55 per K-Cup that I will spend. You need to shop around and when you find a deal, they are definitely out there, buy a healthy supply. Kohl's is good, so is JC Penny when they have a sale. Sam's has several brands/blends available for $36 for a carton of 80 cups. Even with tax that's about .49 per unit.

I really miss the days when I could pick up 50 packs of good K-Cups from Amazon for $15-$20 .

Elder Puffer Fish Leader taltos's Avatar

The price of K-cup coffee has gone up but it is still considerably cheaper than getting take-out coffee and is generally of higher quality. Something to think about.

Paul
    Til the end like a friend stands by you again,
    And I wouldn't change a thing.

Amazon dot com

Puffer Fish with some spikes LLave's Avatar

I finally picked up a EkoBrew K cup, i really like it. Not only can i adjust the strength to my taste, but its also saving me money. Highly recommended.

Maturing Puffer Fish Malcontent's Avatar

We like the Newman's Special Blend Extra Bold for a weekday coffee.

Newbie in the ocean

My personal favorite is the Green Mountain Columbian Select and their Pumpkin Spice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast