Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Something wrong with folgers instant recently???

This is a discussion on Something wrong with folgers instant recently??? within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; ...

Young Fish

Unhappy Something wrong with folgers instant recently???

Has anybody had bad experiences with folgers instant within recents months? I think Maxwell house instant has been bad for a while now and I havenít consumed that for a long while now.

But folgers instant used to be effective stimulant until within the recent months. It hasnít been ineffective as stimulant.

Iím think Iím allergic to brewed coffee. I tried dunkin dount coffee a long time ago and it gave me a weird feel. I tried luzianne and illy brewed and both didnít really made me felt right.

Anybody else had problems with them folgers instant recently?

Puffer Fish with many spikes

Re: Something wrong with folgers instant recently???

I haven't drank an instant in a very long time but one thing I could suggest trying is the Folgers in the tea type bags. It's real coffee grounds in seperate tea bags You put one in your cup, wait a minute and you get fresh brewed coffee. I use them all the time when i'm in a hurry.
    The best cigar I ever smoked will be the next one I try.

I thought it was just me. I have noticed the Folgers hasn't been tasting quite right, almost stale, If I had to put a word on it. I have even tried getting it from different stores to see if maybe it's just a one store stock problem. I also did try the Folgers tea bag kind, and those tasted a lot more like I remember Folgers is supposed to taste like.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idrinkcoffee2012 View Post
    Has anybody had bad experiences with folgers instant within recents months? I think Maxwell house instant has been bad for a while now and I haven’t consumed that for a long while now.

But folgers instant used to be effective stimulant until within the recent months. It hasn’t been ineffective as stimulant.

I’m think I’m allergic to brewed coffee. I tried dunkin dount coffee a long time ago and it gave me a weird feel. I tried luzianne and illy brewed and both didn’t really made me felt right.

Anybody else had problems with them folgers instant recently?
    I think your post is a monument to something. I'm not sure what, but something.

I really should spend more time here culling wheat from chaff.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

I had the same problem for a short time. I used to live on the family farm and usually watched crop forecasts pretty closely. So i looked into this a little bit. We have had our drought here in west central Illinois and it appears that south america but more importantly Columbia has not been with their weather problems as well. They have had an influx of rain which is detrimental to coffee as well as other crops. because all crops need light and it just comes down to that. Just produced a less than spectacular batch of coffee this season.

hope it helps.

I can't drink tea. It really does a number on me. I can drink coffee all day long. I gave up on trying figure out why. I just quit trying to drink tea.

wow, you sound uber sensitive to coffee.

quick question, you joined a cigar forum to make your one and only post about coffee?

either way, welcome aboard.
    "Donít congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either Ė your choices are half chance, so are everybody elseís"- Mary Schmich

Puffer Fish with many spikes

ROFL!! I think your right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    I think your post is a monument to something. I'm not sure what, but something.

I really should spend more time here culling wheat from chaff.
    The best cigar I ever smoked will be the next one I try.

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

Hey man, thanks!! I thought I was alone in my same observation of the lack wake up power of Folgers Instant these days! Get you some Trader Joe's 100% Colombian Instant Coffee! That mutha will wake you the F**K UP!!! I find I have to order it from the the specialty shops online to obtain it!
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

There is something wrong with instant coffee period. I find it useful for emergencies and camping (though sometimes I use a camping percolator), but other than that, good tasting coffee is too important to give in to instant. If I know time will be tight in the morning, I set up the coffee maker the night before and use the timer function. A fresh brewed pot is waiting for me when I get up.

Full grown Puffer Fish Don_in_Texas's Avatar

Is anyone else worried about Folgers' new packaging? For those that haven't seen it yet, they are now using a snap-cap rather than the old screw-on top. I don't think it's going to do much for keeping out moisture and such. A jar of instant lasts me a long time since I only use instant when I'm in a huge hurry like running late for work or something, and having it around for a long time will make the problem, if there is one, even worse. Bad idea I'm thinking.

Young Fish

anybody got a good alternative to folgers? i tried green tea and euorpean instant coffee but they haven't been working for me. folgers just used to have that special upbeat feeling that no others seemed to have so far from what i sampled.
    Last edited by idrinkcoffee2012; 09-27-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Damselnotindistress View Post
    Hey man, thanks!! I thought I was alone in my same observation of the lack wake up power of Folgers Instant these days! Get you some Trader Joe's 100% Colombian Instant Coffee! That mutha will wake you the F**K UP!!! I find I have to order it from the the specialty shops online to obtain it!

hey man. this trader joe stuff really work? i like it strong and have that initial coffee headache. how does this stuff make you feel?

Alpha Puffer Fish Damselnotindistress's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by idrinkcoffee2012 View Post
    hey man. this trader joe stuff really work? i like it strong and have that initial coffee headache. how does this stuff make you feel?
    I make a special search of all instant coffees (the only kind I drink since I limit myself to one BIG cup these days) for wake up strength, and so far Trader Joes as mentioned above and Good Earth African instant coffee do it for me. I get that experience of wake up and go power that I no longer get from Folgers, unfortunately. And they are VERY strong. As I mentioned it's one cup that I would put 2 & 1/2 teaspoons of Folgers into. With the Trader Joe's 100% Colombian and Good Earth African instant, just one teaspoon is really tough. So I use 2 teaspoons only! And BTW, my name is Janet. I'm a dame
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill everytime

Young Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Damselnotindistress View Post
    I make a special search of all instant coffees (the only kind I drink since I limit myself to one BIG cup these days) for wake up strength, and so far Trader Joes as mentioned above and Good Earth African instant coffee do it for me. I get that experience of wake up and go power that I no longer get from Folgers, unfortunately. And they are VERY strong. As I mentioned it's one cup that I would put 2 & 1/2 teaspoons of Folgers into. With the Trader Joe's 100% Colombian and Good Earth African instant, just one teaspoon is really tough. So I use 2 teaspoons only! And BTW, my name is Janet. I'm a dame
    oh my bad ma'am. its the one on amazon right?

do you have a better deal on shipping rate? they don't discount on shipping with this product on larger quantity. i don't know why.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast