Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Think i've finally found a suitable coffee grinder......

This is a discussion on Think i've finally found a suitable coffee grinder...... within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; I've been looking for a few weeks now for a good quality coffee grinder without buying a commercial grade piece. ...

Maturing Puffer Fish

Thumbs up Think i've finally found a suitable coffee grinder......

I've been looking for a few weeks now for a good quality coffee grinder without buying a commercial grade piece. Then I stumbled upon some of these on eBay:

KitchenAid Pro Line Burr Coffee Grinder

Since I don't wanna post a link type that in on Google and check it out. Or on eBay. They seem to go for a bit under $100 in mint condition.

KitchenAid parts have always seemed easy to obtain and their customer service has always impressed me. These grinders get really good reviews and they look sexy as hell!

Name:  41X6AKVKTXL.jpg
Views: 2052
Size:  17.8 KB

Once I find the right one to purchase I'll get it setup and let you guys know how it does. I just bought some Kicking Horse coffee I've been wanting to try so this should grind it right up for use in my press!

Leading Puffer Fish

Re: Think i've finally found a suitable coffee grinder......

Looks like a propeller for a plane that Weebles fly in. Or maybe a paint spinner or something.

Maturing Puffer Fish

Hah, good call!

Puffer Fish with many spikes zephead61's Avatar

Holy crap! Is that thing legal?

Leading Puffer Fish

It grinds coffee....from the future or maybe we go with the Dr. Who Sonic Coffee Grinder theme?

Leading Puffer Fish

I gotta say though, that thing looks awesome. How much does it hold in the upper hopper (pronounced hoppa for those in New England)?

EDIT: Found it....7 ounces in the hoppa.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaysalti's Avatar

Burr is def the only way to go. I work with a shop, so I just do mine there, but interested in your experience with this one for future prospect.... Mmmmm, I may need to go press a fresh cup now.
    Build a Sampler or Get a Blinder Here! http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/want-s...ur-choice.html

Very nice

That looks really cool.
    For anyone who is looking to spend a lot less, but still get a burr grinder that gets the job done, Cuisinart makes a nice one. Mine is a couple of years old, ($29 at the time) and still works like a champ.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Cremeika's Avatar

That's why I love these forums, whenever I have a thought in my mind to find more info on inevitably there's already a thread for it!

ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla whodeeni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cremeika View Post
    That's why I love these forums, whenever I have a thought in my mind to find more info on inevitably there's already a thread for it!
    And you know this Maaaaaane!
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla whodeeni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neffmoore View Post
    That looks really cool.
    For anyone who is looking to spend a lot less, but still get a burr grinder that gets the job done, Cuisinart makes a nice one. Mine is a couple of years old, ($29 at the time) and still works like a champ.
    I spent $38 + local tax for my Mr. Coffee Burr Grinder, and it works good enough for me! I think once I get the proper
    French Press (looking at an espro Med. (18oz) with the double filters to catch the "soot" (fine coffee sediment)
    I'll be good to go! I also found a Moka Pot (Bialetti 3cup) that I'm about to grab to start making "real espresso) and
    I'll be done with coffee accoutrements for a while.

What do you guys do for storage of your fresh roasted coffee? I bought some ball canning jars and I'm going to put
    them in a plastic bag, and store them in the jars for the amount that I'm freezing. Any better suggestions or options?
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

Straight outta Sunnyvale thechasm442's Avatar

I've had the Mr. Coffee burr mill for a few years and it still works well. That Kitched Aid looks awesome though and I'm tempted to upgrade!

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

I have 2 Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinders for the office. They are $130 and we do about 5 lbs of coffee a week per grinder and I've yet to have a problem with either one of them. They also got great reviews on Amazon as well.

Capresso 560, conical burr. Got it for Xmas, thing is awesome.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast