Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'm a Starbucks Barista - Have a Question about Coffee? Ask Away!

This is a discussion on I'm a Starbucks Barista - Have a Question about Coffee? Ask Away! within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Nice, I work for Monin so we have that in common....

Re: I'm a Starbucks Barista - Have a Question about Coffee? Ask Away!

Nice, I work for Monin so we have that in common.

I'm afraid the only Starbucks coffee I've enjoyed was the aged Sumatran that y'all had a few years ago. Or maybe it was just the cool embossed tiger on the tin...
    ********.com

Maturing Puffer Fish gogirlanime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoBlack View Post
    I always make my own using a Gaggia machine, love all the steam and noise. The only way to get EXACTLY what you want of a morning. Starbucks in the UK is somewhat disappointing, the coffee is stale and EEEEEEEEEERRRRG, I sure hope its better your side.

PS if you are a barista Ill have a single malt thanks, as that means bar tender in italia.
    Haha did not know that, that's funny. Well, I'm not sure if the coffee here is better, maybe it's that Americans and the British have different tastes in coffee, the most likely thing is that Starbucks coffee isn't the best of the best like they make us believe to be so I'm sure European coffee is way better because coffee was first introduced to the European area (besides it's origin of Somalia and the middle east of course)

Quote Originally Posted by hardcz View Post
    burnt coffee = bad taste...ie.. the "BOLD" coffee's suck balls. Best flavor is going to be the light to medium roasts guys. Also roast your own, it's awesome!!!!

I hope Allise wants to be my best friend, lol I'm a 4 shot over ice add milk 2 packets of splenda kinda guy.
    I agree, "bold" means burnt I like the mild or lighter roasts. I don't mind a simple coffee I'll be your best friend I prefer my coffee a bit sweeter or flavored but still enjoy the coffee taste itself

Removed per request

I like a venti americano with an extra shot. plain jane...

I have a question.

How is ice coffee at Starbucks made. Is it chilled from the hot roast after a new one is made?
    Is it cold brewed?
    Which coffee is in the ice coffee?

Thanks!

Maturing Puffer Fish gogirlanime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SHagopian View Post
    I have a question.

How is ice coffee at Starbucks made. Is it chilled from the hot roast after a new one is made?
    Is it cold brewed?
    Which coffee is in the ice coffee?

Thanks!
    It is not cold brew unfortunately (which is incredibly smooth you should try it sometime) it is a dark roast I believe we use a special kind of coffee for iced only simply called "ice coffee roast" it is hot brewed double strength and then diluted with ice to cool it down.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Subscribed

Please explain to me the method for cold brewed coffee. Can I use my French Press for that?
    Thanks.
    "The sky might not be falling but the clouds are rolling in and freedom is on the run." tpharkman ..,, "The future ain't what it used to be." Yogi Berra

Puffer Fish with some spikes tylernim's Avatar

I do it with a press. Just make normal coffee and then store it in the fridge. Serve with ice.

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

I couldn't disagree more about their espresso...

Not a big fan of Pikes, but many of their other coffees are superb, particularly in a pour-over or french press

I've been enjoying this thread...thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

No longer a community member.

Why does my Starbucks espresso always taste burnt? Can I get them to use a different bean if I choose? Also, how good for you is the skinny mocha in terms of calories/ sugar?

Sssssssssssssssssssssssss cartey's Avatar

Hi Allise, which Starbucks store (location) do you work at?
    I work at SSC myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleigh View Post
    Why does my Starbucks espresso always taste burnt? Can I get them to use a different bean if I choose? Also, how good for you is the skinny mocha in terms of calories/ sugar?
    Hi Leigh, even though you're no longer here, I'm just gonna answer to you still.
    At Starbucks, you can't ask the barista to pull shots of a different bean.
    The skinny mocha is 140 calories per 16 oz with 15g of sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
    Please explain to me the method for cold brewed coffee. Can I use my French Press for that?
    Thanks.
    Yes, you can use your French Press. The only thing with cold brew is that you'll need longer steep time. Say 8 hours or so. You can experiment with that yourself, depending on your grind size.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast