Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Grounds to Water Ratio?

This is a discussion on Grounds to Water Ratio? within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Originally Posted by jaysalti But you were AWAKE! hahaha! I actually wasn't much of a coffee drinker before I had ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes A144's Avatar

Re: Grounds to Water Ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by jaysalti View Post
    But you were AWAKE!
    hahaha! I actually wasn't much of a coffee drinker before I had an 8 o'clock chemistry class. But I've really come to like a good cup. And not much can beat a good shade grown coffee, although it can get expensive.

I think you have to experiment and go with personal taste. I can't even say how much I use. I grind a certain amount (which is not always accurate with my inexpensive but useful grinder), then I pour the grounds in the filter basket, and judging by eyeball, estimate the amount of water I need to add.
    Personally, I like my coffee just shy of being able to stand a spoon up in it.
    I broke the carafe for my french press a while back and haven't replaced it. I need to get another one. IMHO, nothing tastes as good as french press.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Daughter-in-law discovered I was using 1-1/2 tbsp measuring tool - changed to 1 tbsp of Folger's Classic Roast to 6 oz of water - it's better but could use improvement.

I make a 3 cup pot every morning and there's very little day to day consistency. 'Bout once every 15 mornings I have a good strong pot that I really enjoy. Not a very good win ratio.

I always have a cigar with mine.

Sprinkle a little salt on top of the grounds to make it kind'a mellow - helps.

Full grown Puffer Fish

This morning, 4 heaping heaping tbsp of Folgers to 24 ozs of water, including 4 shakes of the salt shaker on grounds.

A good cup and a Padilla fumas Sumatra to start off the day.

Quote Originally Posted by hogjaw View Post
    Daughter-in-law discovered I was using 1-1/2 tbsp measuring tool - changed to 1 tbsp of Folger's Classic Roast to 6 oz of water - it's better but could use improvement.

I make a 3 cup pot every morning and there's very little day to day consistency. 'Bout once every 15 mornings I have a good strong pot that I really enjoy. Not a very good win ratio.

I always have a cigar with mine.

Sprinkle a little salt on top of the grounds to make it kind'a mellow - helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2