Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Coffee in Louisiana

This is a discussion on Coffee in Louisiana within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; always taste better and stronger when I visit. Brought back couple of cans from Cafe Dumond, New Orleans, and it ...

Full grown Puffer Fish

Coffee in Louisiana

always taste better and stronger when I visit.

Brought back couple of cans from Cafe Dumond, New Orleans, and it was great.

Does anyone know the brand that is considered 'cajun coffee' or is it just the way the coffee is made in restaurants and homes?

Thanks.

Sssssssssssssssssssssssss cartey's Avatar

Re: Coffee in Louisiana

Looking at their website, Cafe Du Monde's "cajun coffee" is basically coffee blended with chicory.
    Their signature cafe au lait is 1 part coffee to 1 part hot milk.

Puffer Fish with many spikes mturnmm's Avatar

I was stationed @ Fort Polk back in the late '80's and the natives drank community coffee and one that the name escapes me. It was sea_____, port maybe. For the life of me I just can't remember the second part of the name. They were really good.
    Here's to us and those like us!
    God Bless our Troops...especially our Snipers!

Puffer Fish with many spikes GoJohnnyGo's Avatar

Like Carty said Cajuns drink coffee with chicory mixed in it. I spent a few years in NOLA and really miss that nasty, dirty, awesome place.

This is my favorite coffee: (never liked chicory.)
    THE RENT IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Puffer Fish with some spikes djcsewell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cartey View Post
    Looking at their website, Cafe Du Monde's "cajun coffee" is basically coffee blended with chicory.
    Their signature cafe au lait is 1 part coffee to 1 part hot milk.
    Because I'm only two hours away from New Orleans... I go there quite often and I ALWAYS stop at Cafe Du Monde and order some beignets and coffee. I LOVE Cafe Du Monde's coffee but I've never had the cajun coffee.

Full grown Puffer Fish

I'm almost certain this is the coffee I saw advertised while there.

"Cajun coffee" not meant to be demeaning in anyway is my slang term for the coffee I drank in NOLA.

Thanks all for the response. I will be in NOLA this Friday or Saturday for sure. And, I plan on visiting Cafe Dumond for the 'cajun coffee' and benigets. So chickory is the key?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post

Maturing Puffer Fish

Forget the coffee. Just go get the beignets and milk

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by NJW1979 View Post
    Forget the coffee. Just go get the beignets and milk
    Good thought for sure!

Just googled Walmart's web site has Community brand on site however have not found in stores. We need to petition them to stock beignets.

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish rocketmann82's Avatar

If you want a quick version of Beignets, buy a couple od cans of canned bisquits. Cut them into quarters and deep fry them until golden brown. Remove and place on a paper towel and sprinkle with powdered sugar. They are not like sitting across from Jackson Square, but they will do in a pinch.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
    Returned from New Orleans yesterday stopped at Walmart in north Louisiana and got a duplicate sack like yours. Brewed first batch this morning, delicious.

Cafe Dumond -
    Week ago Sunday they were backed up a block waiting to get in, so we had to pass. This past Sunday morning wife and I waited and it was well worth. Also, brought back three cans each of their blue and yellow cans + 3 boxes of beignet mix. Also, bought two bags of Blue Mtn. while in Jamaica. All should last a couple of months, if I'm lucky.

Thanks.

Kat Krap Kontanment Media JustOneMoreStick's Avatar

I need to get back there for some more beignets and coffee
    Alcohol is to stupidity as steroids are to athletics...."performance" enhancers