Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some of the best coffee

This is a discussion on Some of the best coffee within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; So winter is almost here and this is the time that I start drinking coffee. Also a good cup of ...

Some of the best coffee

So winter is almost here and this is the time that I start drinking coffee. Also a good cup of coffee and a maduro cigar just seem to fit together very well.
    What I want to know is what is the best coffee that you have tried and where can I find some?
    - Sin City Bomber -

Puffer Fish with some spikes ggcadc's Avatar

Re: Some of the best coffee

It was a batch of Ethiopia idido misty valley in 2004, crazy blueberry overtones, never had anything close since, and the recent misty valley crops have not been as good.

The recent Colombian coffees I've gotten from sweet marinas have been very good, fruity, mild body, balanced acidity, no bitterness, gets almost honey sweet as it cools.

Also I have an Ethiopia currently that is good, but the Guatemala Esmeralda red bourbon outshines it, I think sweet marinas still has some...

Sweetmarias.com

Sssssssssssssssssssssssss cartey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ggcadc View Post
    It was a batch of Ethiopia idido misty valley in 2004, crazy blueberry overtones, never had anything close since, and the recent misty valley crops have not been as good.

The recent Colombian coffees I've gotten from sweet marinas have been very good, fruity, mild body, balanced acidity, no bitterness, gets almost honey sweet as it cools.

Also I have an Ethiopia currently that is good, but the Guatemala Esmeralda red bourbon outshines it, I think sweet marinas still has some...
    Sweetmarias currently only has a Panama Esmeralda Gesha, at $28.35/lb - a little steep for me.
    I've recently purchased their Guatemala Antigua and it was smooooooooth.

Good Stuff - Black Swan Coffee - Home Page
    Dale

Midlife crises Puffer mcgreggor57's Avatar

My favorite to date is Blue Mountain. I'm just not willing to pay the prices it commands these day.
    Tobacco Cellar: http://www.tobaccocellar.com/mcgreggor57
    Never trust a woman's tears or a dog's limp.

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcgreggor57 View Post
    My favorite to date is Blue Mountain. I'm just not willing to pay the prices it commands these day.
    I must agree my favorite i only drink it on Sundays as you said it is cost prohibitive.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Puffer Fish with many spikes Dubv23's Avatar

this will be a good thread to follow. Im a huge coffee drinker and used to get beans at a local roaster but unfortunately they closed up shop so im forced to buy beans at starbucks or online. In all honesty some of their blends arent too bad when brewed at home with care. that burnt bitter taste that you get in store isnt present.

If you need something quick, Starbucks Anniversary blend and Kenya blend are my favorite

I'm not a huge coffee connoisseur but I really enjoyed a coffee from Yauco, Puerto Rico! It's called Cuatro Sombras and it is really good as a latte also!

ISO Tat Jibarro,Maravilla whodeeni's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dubv23 View Post
    this will be a good thread to follow. Im a huge coffee drinker and used to get beans at a local roaster but unfortunately they closed up shop so im forced to buy beans at starbucks or online. In all honesty some of their blends arent too bad when brewed at home with care. that burnt bitter taste that you get in store isnt present.

If you need something quick, Starbucks Anniversary blend and Kenya blend are my favorite
    Doesn't sound like you have a Trader Joes near you, if so go in there and ask them about their stronger
    blends. I got one from Honduras that was pretty damn good for 8.99/small canister.
    If smoking cigars is on the "Darkside".... I don't think i'll ever see the "Light!!!

instant coffee is not good anymore. Ill see if I can track down some of your guys suggestions...
    - Sin City Bomber -

Quote Originally Posted by cartey View Post
    Sweetmarias currently only has a Panama Esmeralda Gesha, at $28.35/lb - a little steep for me.
    I've recently purchased their Guatemala Antigua and it was smooooooooth.
    ooooohhhh, Gesha I had a Guatemala gesha earlier this year that was epic, huge citrus fruit flavor.

Puffer Fish with some spikes tylernim's Avatar

I will say I really enjoy Starbuck's blends grinded for my press. I know there is better stuff out there for probably a better price, but I have yet to put the effort into finding it.

Young Fish

i just tried melitta. its distinctively effective compared to the other garbages out there. package boast,"high attitude grown and picked from top 2%". pleasant aroma just from the can. and i get an elation and powerful feel in my head that last. maybe its the high attitude and top 2% .

folgers instant used to have effects like this. hard to say which is better, but with folgers i did get the same with last amount. but now the brand taste wrong and chemical tainted.

i was really struggling to get that pleasant effects back after folgers went bad. i had some other brew brands that were all wrong. luzianne, folgers, Philippine Organic Robusta, just to name a few. luzianne gave me a weird feeling, weakens my thinking too. folgers gave intial boasts but weak yet it eventually fluctuated down to feeling emptiness, really doesn't help you feel good. Philippine Organic Robustas same as folgers.

get this melittas german i beleive. go figure.

have brew and instant always been this bad in general or makers just went downhill for some reason?

anybody else got other good recommendations? maybe something even better?

Jamaican Blue Mountain or Kona,the 100 %,not the blends are my go to beans

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast