Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

anyone experimented with making ground coffee with a strainer?

This is a discussion on anyone experimented with making ground coffee with a strainer? within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; i saw this straightforward tutorial on youtube. i put grounds on filter paper on the strainer and pour in the ...

Young Fish

anyone experimented with making ground coffee with a strainer?

i saw this straightforward tutorial on youtube. i put grounds on filter paper on the strainer and pour in the boiled water. but the coffee came out weaker than the electric dripper.

actually i been feeling a bit off and from the strainer coffee. its different in that needs less milk and less bitter. maybe its not extracted right. under-extracted?

i mean the plastic dripper coffee maker produced coffee with right effect for some time. but i had to stop with the electric ones cuz i suspected plastic leeching into coffee. and the second one made me sick with a chemical feel that i went to consult the doctor. first ones mr coffee and seconds kitchen elite.

man this is kinda frustrating...

is there even an electric dripper where no plastic contacts hot water???

how do you get right coffee that has right effect?

Re: anyone experimented with making ground coffee with a strainer?

Look into a French Press. Leave the plastic & automatic & other coffeemakers in the dust.
    Never trust anyone over 30.

you can always do what my grandmother used to do... coffee and sugar straight into the boiling pot...
    - Sin City Bomber -

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by szyzk View Post
    Look into a French Press. Leave the plastic & automatic & other coffeemakers in the dust.
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix