Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Pour Over Anyone?

This is a discussion on Pour Over Anyone? within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Hey just wanted to start a new thread on pour overs! They may take a little time to prepare, but ...

Pour Over Anyone?

Hey just wanted to start a new thread on pour overs! They may take a little time to prepare, but they have been some of smoothest, tastiest cups of coffee that I've ever had. Forget that Keurig junk!

I'm using a Hario V60 and the Hario V60 Electric Kettle.

Probably the best two roasting companies I've tasted in my opinion are MADCAP Coffee out of Grand Rapids, MI & Intelligentsia out of Chicago, IL.

Any one else have a pour over experience they'd like to share? Also any roaster suggestions you'd like to make?

Young Fish

Re: Pour Over Anyone?

actually i have a frustration with the pour-over method. it always been weak stimulation-wise. never really been able to control the stimulation strength. i adapted the hario method to a metal strainer and paper filter. i even followed the tutorial from barista. wetting the ground and waiting a minute, then gradual concentric circles. always weak stimulation.

this extraction business is tricky. maybe i been doing it wrong.

i gone back to this premixed brand, 3 in 1. its consistent stimulation even if not perfect. of course folgers instant was really strong, could control the stimulation and even crash if not careful until those barstards dropped the ball. 4tsps and strong stimulation all the time, no hassle trying to figure out extraction. anything let you control stimulation these days?