Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Looking for an office coffee machine

This is a discussion on Looking for an office coffee machine within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; ...

Newbie in the ocean

Looking for an office coffee machine

All coffee experts here, I need your help. I am planning to purchase a new coffee machine for my office. I want a stylish and contemporary look, easy to use and maintain.

Nowadays different coffee machines and brands are available in the market. I am confused and unable to make a right decision.

I saw some machines like Cappuccino machine, Jura GIGA X7, Jura C9 and Korinto coffee machine. Which one will be perfect for my office?

Need your advice…

Thanks.

Re: Looking for an office coffee machine

um.. how many people in the office? and how much use daily? Those would be a first consideration, I suppose. As for matters of taste vs. practicality, simple is better on both fronts probably, unless you are getting an industrial brewer. There will be others with much more substantive suggestions, I think, but I've thrown out a number of coffee makers (and at home now only use a press, because I can). In the office I always went for good beans, newly ground, with a simple machine, and got good results. For a few servings of coffee on demand, I should think there are many machines that would fit the bill.

Maturing Puffer Fish

We have a keurig in my office. Seems to work well. Everybody can bring what they like that way.

Newbie in the ocean

Thumbs up Re: Looking for an office coffee machine

The Bunn commercial coffee machines are a good buy for office use. You'll find a range of good machines and coffee products on DailyCuppaCoffee's website. Our office buys all our products from their online store. We've got a machine that makes espresso and regular coffee at the same time.
    Last edited by kellie_manthey; 07-04-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Puffer Fish with many spikes LGHT's Avatar

We use a Jura C9 on every floor and it's truly amazing for an "automatic". Most people just hit the button to brew coffee, but because it has the froth xpress it's still just as easy to steam some milk. Plus the large milk holder makes it easy to froth a lot at once for several people. Toss in a bottle of Torani syrup and some powder from coffee bean and you will be shocked how good coffee from an automatic can taste. Clients come in and are blown away how good the coffee is. Makes a true statement about the firm.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes JustinThyme's Avatar

Big question is how many coffee drinkers is the machine going to service. No need to go out and dump $2K-$3k on a coffee machine. Bunn is probably the biggest in the industry and I see them all over the place but even taht may not be necessary. Small office with a dozen drinkers or so just get a cheap coffee maker, and replace it as it breaks. Now if you are into getting a perfect brew thats another story but it still wont set you back thousands. Technivorm makes the best coffee hands down.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. ~Albert Einstein

I agree if you're just drinking coffee don't waist you time on a good machine. However if you have people who visit star bucks often like we did spend the money. I purchased the Jura after the owner approved it only because he hated how often staff left on a "break" to get star bucks. A 15 min break often ended up as 20 because the long lines at star bucks. Now they spend 10 min making an espresso and get back to work.

Full grown Puffer Fish Blue Raccoon's Avatar

the hospitals I use to work for bit the bullet and put a Keurig in every nursing station and break room. (the model that can be connected to a water supply) some groups pool their money and buy bulk and some do a bring what you like. no spilling, no burn pots, no bitching we don't like that brand of coffee, etc. one of the shops I loaf at has a smaller one with an assortment of what the owner likes.. he charges .50 a cup. if you don't like his bring your own and the water is free.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Raccoon View Post
    the hospitals I use to work for bit the bullet and put a Keurig in every nursing station and break room. (the model that can be connected to a water supply) some groups pool their money and buy bulk and some do a bring what you like. no spilling, no burn pots, no bitching we don't like that brand of coffee, etc. one of the shops I loaf at has a smaller one with an assortment of what the owner likes.. he charges .50 a cup. if you don't like his bring your own and the water is free.
    I've tried over 20 different types and every one has horrible coffee. I guess it's fine if your used to drinking star bucks crap or folgers, but the second you grind the bean it's all down hill and those pods seem to be years old at times. I like my Jura because the beans I get are 7-10 days after roasting and are ground the second the coffee is brewed. Basically it has all the same advantages of a Keurig, but the coffee is a billion times better!!!

The problem with our society is people are more than willing to give up quality if it saves time. So they hurry through life without every truly experiencing the best of what life has to offer.

Full grown Puffer Fish Blue Raccoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I've tried over 20 different types and every one has horrible coffee. I guess it's fine if your used to drinking star bucks crap or folgers, but the second you grind the bean it's all down hill and those pods seem to be years old at times. I like my Jura because the beans I get are 7-10 days after roasting and are ground the second the coffee is brewed. Basically it has all the same advantages of a Keurig, but the coffee is a billion times better!!!

The problem with our society is people are more than willing to give up quality if it saves time. So they hurry through life without every truly experiencing the best of what life has to offer.
    get a gripe dude.. the guy was looking for an office unit.. I hope you don't fall off your high horse. btw, I don't own one as a home unit.