Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Keurig single reusable cup

This is a discussion on Keurig single reusable cup within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Good morning! I just picked up a Keurig single cup machine and bought the reusable filters. My question is, how ...

Keurig single reusable cup

Good morning!

I just picked up a Keurig single cup machine and bought the reusable filters.

My question is, how many scoops of coffee should one put in said filter and can you get multiple cups from the same grounds? I know when I brew my tea I can get a few pots out of the same leaves. For any tea snobs (I wouldn't claim to be one) I use loose leaf tea.

Claes
    "Sometimes you need to stop and smell the maduros "

Puffer Fish with some spikes Isonj's Avatar

Re: Keurig single reusable cup

Quote Originally Posted by Claes View Post
    Good morning!

I just picked up a Keurig single cup machine and bought the reusable filters.

My question is, how many scoops of coffee should one put in said filter and can you get multiple cups from the same grounds? I know when I brew my tea I can get a few pots out of the same leaves. For any tea snobs (I wouldn't claim to be one) I use loose leaf tea.

Claes
    I have the red reusable filters and I fill it to the top. I will run a cycle through on medium and then small. Depending on the coffe it will taste great or be a tad weak. When I buy their brand, I get the bold so I can run it through twice.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Sixspeedsam's Avatar

We got a Keurig Vue and this post prompted me to check, sure enough they've finally got reusable filters out. Wife will be happy.

BTW Claes, hell of a smallmouth you got in your avatar! I chase the bronze here in VA/MD.

Yeah that bad boy is from my place in the UP. It's on Little Bay de Noc which is nationally acclaimed for it's walleye. Well suffice it to say the poor smallies get totally ignored. Having lived in Illinois most my life I'm ok showing them a little attention :-D

Yeah I have always enjoyed coffee but never been a "coffee" person. Now that I have this single cup and reusable filters I've already had 3 cups today. Probably going to have more later tonight haha.

Now I'm going to have to buy a bean roaster and grinder!

I wasn't sure how far to fill them so the first I only did about 30% of what it could be. The next I did about 70%. What a great way to make coffee.
    "Sometimes you need to stop and smell the maduros "

For some reason, I could never get the Keurig-branded reusable cup to work right. It would always spray water around the basket and give me dark-colored water instead of coffee. I tried a cheap plastic one by Ekobrew, and it's been working great. I figured I'd mention it in case anyone else had the same problem I had with the "official" one.