Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

"Cigar-Brand" Coffees...yea or nay?

This is a discussion on "Cigar-Brand" Coffees...yea or nay? within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; My local supermarkets don't carry any of them, but through my curiosity, and the internet, I discovered there are actually ...

"Cigar-Brand" Coffees...yea or nay?

My local supermarkets don't carry any of them, but through my curiosity, and the internet, I discovered there are actually quite a few cigar-branded coffee lines available, like Monte Cristo, Davidoff, Romeo y Julieta, and Graycliff, to name a few. And, as with most licensed brands, being they are not particularly inexpensive, I was wondering if any of you coffee mavens have sampled any of these, and if so how you might weigh in. Thanks. TCB
    Last edited by TCBSmokes; 11-15-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Young Puffer Fish

Re: "Cigar-Brand" Coffees...yea or nay?

I enjoyed the breakfast blend under the Mayorga brand name from JR. As a side note run far far away from Dos Capas also available from JR. Absolutely vile . Of course Martin mayorga was actually in the coffee business.. Im not sure who or how many are making the other cigar coffee brands but I assume they are being made by actual coffee places and not the cigar companies

Quote Originally Posted by tobaccoman View Post
    I enjoyed the breakfast blend under the Mayorga brand name from JR. As a side note run far far away from Dos Capas also available from JR. Absolutely vile . Of course Martin mayorga was actually in the coffee business.. Im not sure who or how many are making the other cigar coffee brands but I assume they are being made by actual coffee places and not the cigar companies
    Thanks, tobaccoman.

I see it there under "Dos Cafe'"? Am very tempted to try the Monte Cristo Havana Blend, and if so, I will let you know how it pans out.

As an aside, picked up a can of Cafe' Bustelo Dark Roast Espresso (which I see advertised on numerous coffee sites) and tried a cup this morning. Started out a little different, which I can't describe, but grew on me by cup's end. Has a good caffeine kick which I like. At $2.99 for a 10 0z. can it seems a real bargain, too. Also got Gevalia's Espresso Roast, which I haven't tried yet, but their other coffees seem good. This one is $6.99 for 12 oz., for comparison's sake. Thanks. TCB

Young Puffer Fish

The Monte coffee is good. Gevalia is also decent. bonus if you can find a 3.00 coffee in a 10oz bag that is drinkable.

Quote Originally Posted by tobaccoman View Post
    The Monte coffee is good. Gevalia is also decent. bonus if you can find a 3.00 coffee in a 10oz bag that is drinkable.

Well, I stand corrected. I don't know if I was seeing things or they just shot up the price, but last I looked the Café Bustelo is $4.39, not $2.99 for 10 oz. in two different grocery chains around here. Still a great coffee, imho. Been making it every morning without fail through two cans now, and I normally hate brewing coffee. lol. TCB

Twerking ain't for Smurfs Packerjh's Avatar

I tried Gurkha branded coffee from cbid...no great but not bad.
    Just one little Smurf against the world....I feel sorry for you World! BOOM, suckas!

I drink a pretty good amount of coffee and have yet to buy any of those coffees. I have heard the Mayorga isn't too bad, but can't speak for it personally.
    I do drink a lot of the Café Bustello as a Cuban Style coffee. I love that stuff paired with those little caramel wafer cookies from somewheres overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by thebayratt View Post
    I drink a pretty good amount of coffee and have yet to buy any of those coffees. I have heard the Mayorga isn't too bad, but can't speak for it personally.
    I do drink a lot of the Café Bustello as a Cuban Style coffee. I love that stuff paired with those little caramel wafer cookies from somewheres overseas.
    Yeah, I'm a big Bustelo fan now. On my third can. Those cookies sound good too!

Quote Originally Posted by TCBSmokes View Post
    You can find them at walmart, world market and more than likely target. At walmart they are in an odd area, just have to keep an eye out for them. They also come in a larger size too.

Quote Originally Posted by TCBSmokes View Post
    Thanks, I will try them. They remind me of "Waffies", also sold in a bag, except they were cheddar cheese. If anybody remembers those. T.

No longer a community member.

I just saw the line of Davidoff instant coffees. I was always raised to consider instant an anathema but my curiosity is piqued.