Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Re-Warmed Coffee

This is a discussion on Re-Warmed Coffee within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Ok, for all of the coffee drinkers. If you fix a pot of coffee and you do not drink it ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Auburnguy's Avatar

Re-Warmed Coffee

Ok, for all of the coffee drinkers. If you fix a pot of coffee and you do not drink it all while hot, does anyone "re-warm" the coffee and drink it? I.e pour from a cold pot and nuke in microwave? If so what is your limit before you decide to make a fresh pot? Yes I know, why not drink the whole pot, but some times that is not the case.

I personally have a 12 hour window of drinking coffee. My wife will not drink re-warmed coffee. She says it taste stale. If We have company, I will make a fresh pot, and never re-warm, but if it is just me and my wife we debate this topic often. I claim she is nuts, she says she knows I am crazy. Debate on Puff!

Full grown Puffer Fish KungFumeta's Avatar

Re: Re-Warmed Coffee

Coffee is cheap enough unless you drink nothing but Blue Mountain. Dump it and brew some anew!

If I leave an unfinished cup on the table I might take a couple of cold swigs off it when i get back home, but I never re-warm it.
    "A good cuban cigar shuts the door to the vulgarities of the world" Franz Liszt

No longer a community member.

I don't serve re-warmed to anyone else, but I hate to see stuff wasted. I use the French press a lot, so that prevents waste, but if I come home from work and there is coffee in the pot from where my wife brewed it that morning- yeah, I'll zap it.

NEVER!

Puffer Fish with many spikes ShaneG's Avatar

I have a cup or two from the Keurig in the morning so I'm not really a conneseur but what I don't drink (if any) I microwave the next morning.
    Help stonecutter break the noobs in with this thread

I only drink coffee at home on the weekends. But sometimes if I make a full pot and it doesn't get finished I'll make an iced coffee later in the afternoon.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Auburnguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TreySC View Post
    I only drink coffee at home on the weekends. But sometimes if I make a full pot and it doesn't get finished I'll make an iced coffee later in the afternoon.
    I started doing this last summer. I would re-use glass tea bottles and pour left over coffee in the bottle with a little cream and I had cold coffee. It was good stuff and prevented waist.

I personally don't mind re-warmed coffee, as for French press, there is never any left over coffee to re-warm.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader piperdown's Avatar

All the time. Is it as good as fresh, no, but coffee is coffee when you need it.

Full grown Puffer Fish

Nope, I would rather go without to be honest.

Conscientious Objector Cardinal's Avatar

Just don't let it boil in the microwave, that helps a little. I also sometimes give a little touch of sugar when I warm it up, whereas normally I just do a dash of cream.

But yeah, I'll brew a French press pot and drink it all day sometimes.
    Death comes for us all, Oroku Saki, but something much worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be...without honor - Splinter

No longer a community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Booyaa View Post
    Well, you're more civilized across the pond

Trust Me, I'm Not Lion SeanTheEvans's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Booyaa View Post
    Same. I think it tastes horrible re-warmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreySC View Post
    But sometimes if I make a full pot and it doesn't get finished I'll make an iced coffee later in the afternoon.
    I took to doing this over the past summer as well. An acceptable middle-ground in my mind.
    I <3 Cigars

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias Lutz View Post
    Well, you're more civilized across the pond
    First time I have been called that!

Ruler Of The Galaxy Emperor Zurg's Avatar

I do this all the time. Much better re-warmed than burnt from sitting on a hot plate for hours. The thing is to brew the coffee and then take it off the heat right away. No sense in re-warming already burnt coffee. Nasty! I've also done the iced coffee thing from the leftover dregs in the pot. A little ice, cream and some caramel or vanilla syrup and it tastes just like one of those fancy coffee drinks you get for $5.00 at the kiosk in the mall.
    Last edited by Emperor Zurg; 10-29-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    there is no folly of the beast of the earth which is not infinitely outdone by the madness of men

Full grown Puffer Fish

I'll often nuke a mug of coffee that got cold while I was drinking it, but I NEVER keep a pot of cold coffee around for hours and re-warm it, yuk!

At home, I avoid waste by using a 4-cup coffee maker, drink what I want, and toss the rest when I'm finished. If I want some later, I'll just make a fresh pot.

At the office, I'm the self-appointed coffee police. If a pot has been on the warmer awhile and smells burnt, I'll toss it and make a fresh pot.

Life is too short to drink crappy coffee.
    Last edited by Indy-hp; 10-29-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast