Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Favorite Teas for Pairing

This is a discussion on Favorite Teas for Pairing within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; I ran a quick search and found next to nothing on the subject of pairing teas with cigars. Teas just ...

Favorite Teas for Pairing

I ran a quick search and found next to nothing on the subject of pairing teas with cigars. Teas just dont get a lot of love around here. But they should. Im finding more and more that a good quality tea can really compliment & elevate the flavor and body of brighter profiled cigars, generally Dominicans & Habanos. And hot drinks are especially nice in the cold MN winters.

Ive recently paired and enjoyed-
    Caribou Citron Green w/ Caldwell LLK The Heater
    Caribou Hot Cinnamon Spice w/ OpusX Power Ranger
    Dunn Bros Earl Grey w/ La Escepcion Selectos Finos

Some people take their teas very seriously, and in my search for some better teas Im hopeful that some of you are on Puff. Id love to hear your thoughts on the subject!

Re: Favorite Teas for Pairing

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I don't drink a lot of tea, but I do get black & green tea flavors out of milder cigars so I see where they would pair well with together.

Excellent topic and thread. I was thinking about stocking up on tea and pairing it with my sticks. Adagio.com has some interesting blends im looking to try. Check them out for some awesome ideas

Young Puffer Fish

Great topic, thanks!

When looking at contrast, I like white tea with powerful cigars.
    When looking at harmony, for instance, I tend to pair a lapsang souchong with cigars having a peat/smoke aroma.
    However, my favorite is pu erh, I find it is the most neutral and delicate type of tea and adjusts to almost any cigar.
    'E quindi nacque questa vitola che e' registrata nei libri-mastri di Partagas come 'Canonazo 767' - 'El puro de Molinari'

Thanks for the tips guys, some of the Pu Erh look really enticing. Im already going through all the different possible pairings in my head.
    Last edited by Merovius; 11-10-2014 at 11:13 AM.

No longer a community member.

I've done this more with pipes, but for cigars the best thing I've stumbled across is a white peach tea with a nice, oily maduro

Not a tea totler, I vote for long island iced tea and a dark wrapped cigar
    I don't always drink beer,,,
    OK, yes I do