Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Winter's stock pile

This is a discussion on Winter's stock pile within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; My winter delivery just arrived from Sweet Maria's along with a dozen stickers. 5 X's 5 lb bags should get ...

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

Winter's stock pile

My winter delivery just arrived from Sweet Maria's along with a dozen stickers.

5 X's 5 lb bags should get me through the winter. There are a few new to me beans that I "hope" I'll like but at least there was still plenty of the Guatemala Acatenago Gesha on hand. THAT is one of my favorites

Re: Winter's stock pile

Whoa, nice haul there wayne.

What do you roast in? What brewing methods do you roast for?
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALY LEFT BLANK

F.O.G. with nice smokes OnePyroTec's Avatar

I have a first general Hottop roaster. It is about 11 years old and still running strong. Before I got it, I burned up some small toy (hearthware) roasters and hot air poppers on a regular basis. This Hottop has had hundreds of pounds through it. I hope either the LARGE Hottop or the LARGE Gene Cafe are on the market by the time this finally gives up the ghost.

I have had a Technivorm that we have been using for (what my wife says) 9 years now. Our Esspresso maker (forget brand) burned up a long time ago and has yet to be replaced. I do need to replace it!

With beans I'm not familiar with, I'll usually roast several different levels to see what "we" like best. Most of the time we end up using the lighter side of Tom's (from Sweet Maria's) suggestions on the bag or his reviews.

Awesome! I started with a couple whirly pops, made a bbq drum but use a couple behmors. I have a love hate with my behmor; it's the easiest roaster to use but the most difficult to master. Would be interested in looking more at the behmor Plus. Although I haven't roasted in at least a year. The hottop is a fantastic roaster.

At home I've been pretty boring making either press pot or espresso. Been in a slump and need to break out some of my other equipment one of these days.
    THIS SPACE INTENTIONALY LEFT BLANK

Removed per request

Looks (and probably smells) superb. Oh what I wouldn't do with that much high-end coffee!

No longer a community member.

Puffer Fish with many spikes Auburnguy's Avatar

And I thought my wife and I go through a lot of coffee. Nice haul.