Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..."

This is a discussion on Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..." within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Update - Roaster SC/CO (damn I love this thing). French Press, MokaPot, & Gaggia maccina all on hand and in ...

Re: Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..."

Update -
    Roaster SC/CO (damn I love this thing).
    French Press, MokaPot, & Gaggia maccina all on hand and in use.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j6ppc View Post
    Update -
    Roaster SC/CO (damn I love this thing).
    French Press, MokaPot, & Gaggia maccina all on hand and in use.
    This is the kind of progress that makes me have hope for the future. (If Leafhog was in your corner telling everyone what a fantastic corn-pickler you were then you'd still be using Folgers Instant Crystals.)

Welcome to the ranks of insanely satisfied SCCO users. Roast more coffee, better, faster, for less.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Hi! I'm Drew, aka SilvrBck. I roast. Here's my specs.

iRoast 2-1 day old! Just a baby. 1 roast under its belt.
    Aeropress-Also 1 day old. Unused so far but it looks pretty cool.
    Cuisinart Burr grinder-got this as a wedding present. Hasn't let me down yet!

I'm a newbie for sure and I am honored to be here.

SB
    Alcohol content by volume:
    Guiness 4.0%
    Bud Light 4.2%
    Realbeer

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrBck View Post
    Hi! I'm Drew, aka SilvrBck. I roast. Here's my specs.

iRoast 2-1 day old! Just a baby. 1 roast under its belt.
    Aeropress-Also 1 day old. Unused so far but it looks pretty cool.
    Cuisinart Burr grinder-got this as a wedding present. Hasn't let me down yet!

I'm a newbie for sure and I am honored to be here.

SB
    Congrats on moving from (not) got a roaster to making smoke at home. I hope you have a lot of fun with your IROast and, at the same time, discover that your coffee has gone from good to great. Welcome to the fraternity of homeroasters!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post

Welcome to the ranks of insanely satisfied SCCO users. Roast more coffee, better, faster, for less.
    Damn straight. 14 minutes yielded:

(happy)

Puffer Fish with many spikes DennisP's Avatar

Hello all, I'll be joining the ranks of a roaster soon, popper and beans should be here by Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisP View Post
    Hello all, I'll be joining the ranks of a roaster soon, popper and beans should be here by Friday.
    EvanS - I am nonplussed. Look what you've started. The (not)roasters are lining up to post here. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    EvanS - I am nonplussed. Look what you've started. The (not)roasters are lining up to post here. Sigh.
    I can't find the thread EvanS. It looks like here in America, the home of the blame, it's your turn in the box. See what happens when he turns over a smidgen of power to you, he becomes jealous of your success and leadership. Then he turns on you!
    Last edited by Syekick; 02-13-2008 at 08:31 AM.
    Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Quote Originally Posted by Syekick View Post
    I can't find the thread EvanS. It looks like here in America, the home of the blame, it's your turn in the box. See what happens when he turns over a smidgen of power to you, he becomes jealous of your success and leadership. Then he turns on you!
    You fomenting pratt! It's two posts above. in this very thread. DennisP has jumped the gun in perfect EvanS-style. It's a regular trend. Who will vouch for him? Will anyone vouch for D'isP?

(tap tap tap tap tap)

Just as I thought. OK. I'll vouch for him. Get you a'roasting, D'P. You stock is holding steady in spite of the cruel remarks by "others" who are already jealous of your skills and enthusiasm.

Puffer Fish with many spikes DennisP's Avatar

You're the one who told me to come introduce myself.

Can I be considered a roaster for my purchase from Sweet Marias?

I'll be roasting this weekend for sure.

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Quote Originally Posted by DennisP View Post
    You're the one who told me to come introduce myself.

Can I be considered a roaster for my purchase from Sweet Marias?

I'll be roasting this weekend for sure.
    I can't believe what I am seeing here. DennisthemaneaceP gets off virtually scott-free for employing a severe case got-nottingitis in the coffee forum? Hey, I'm the first to admit that posting about something you haven't done yet is charming, witty and used to be QUITE original. But the about-the-head-and-shoulders beating I took...on several occasions...made me into what i am today. Well maybe that's exactly why that form of punishment is no longer used, I dunno.

Personally I think Dan lets this stuff go now because he is afraid that his natural, caustic reaction belies his true affections more than he cares to let on.

Now Dennis, I am tap tap tapping along with all of the other stick sharpeners. Did you mean that you'd be roasting by THIS weekend? Or did you mean the next this weekend? Maybe this weekend next year? Maybe last weekend, which would be this weekend if we were still in last week. Please don't set up an unresolvable paradox with time shift roasting. I think it could become ugly.

Reserved for future use....

So is DennisP Not, not roasting or just not roasting?
    Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Young Puffer Fish

Newb here. No roaster. Drip coffee maker, though I do have a french press which occasionally gets used for frothing milk and the rare cup of coffee. I also have a bottom-of-the-line burr grinder that does a better job than the whirley blades.

Right now, I just finished my stash of Christmas coffee, was in a pinch, went out and bought the big bag of 8 o'clock dark roast. MMmm I love me some dark roast. I guess that's why I'll never own most of the commercial roasters... well, that and I can't afford them.

I also don't have a gas grill or a heat gun, and I'm a little bit afraid of teflon (sorry to start the "scare" thread the other day, it's just a topic I thought should at least be discussed. I think people should at least be given the info to make an informed decision). so I'm really not sure which way to go in my roasting endeavors. The only thing I have going in my favor is that I do have two high BTU propane burners that I use for brewing my beer. Anybody have some sites to help me get from a propane burner to a roaster?

So, that's me. No roaster, homebrewer, pipe and occasional cigar smoking, mead making, boobie-loving, me.

This whole thread is going straight to hell in a handbasket. Not-roasters are popping up like green beans at a specialty coffee convention.

OK. Here's the deal. This is a practically sacred sort of thread, reserved for actual "I ALREADY HAVE A ROASTER AND SOME GREEN BEANS AND COMBINED THEM AND MADE SMOKE" persons.

If you:
    • don't have a roaster device of some kind and
    • if you don't have some green beans and
    • if you haven't combined them and
    • made them turn brown with some heat
    then this thread is not for you. It is here we honor the great ones who took the plunge, so to speak.

D'isP should be posting here by now. Where are you, lad? Something gone bad off the track? C'mon - get on with a report.

As for the not-roaster fearmongering S'r'ump'lot guy... I am - what? - baffled. If he didn't call himself a boobie-lover I'd burn him like a cheap Fuente. Shoo. First-time roasters only. Shoo shoo shoo.

THIS THREAD IS FOR FOLKS WHO HAVE FINALLY ROASTED THEIR OWN COFFEE AND WANT TO TELL US ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE. The rest of you - feel free to read here but leave the posting to the more esteemed. It very exclusionary and very - elite. There. I said it. It's elite.

DennisP. You're up.

I am Pat. My coffee journey started by stealing sips from my father's folgers coffee(I was too young to drink coffee at the time). At the age of 15 I started working at Dunkin' Donuts and became a more regular coffee drinker. 4 years later I purchased a fresh roast. It has been a year since that purchase and now, unfourtanetly, I can no longer drink the free coffee I get from dunkin' donuts(my little bro works there now).

I look forward to getting to know my fellow BOTB(brothers of the bean?).

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast