Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..."

This is a discussion on Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..." within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Originally Posted by evazan ...fourtanetly, I can no longer drink the free coffee I get from dunkin' donuts(my little bro ...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Re: Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..."

Quote Originally Posted by evazan View Post
    ...fourtanetly, I can no longer drink the free coffee I get from dunkin' donuts(my little bro works there now).

I look forward to getting to know my fellow BOTB(brothers of the bean?).
    Well done, Pat!
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Welcome to the stage Pat. Glad to see an actual roaster step up and join in. Watching Mr Moo get all agitated at the not-roasters was getting old
    Reserved for future use....

Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post
    Welcome to the stage Pat. Glad to see an actual roaster step up and join in. Watching Mr Moo get all agitated at the not-roasters was getting old
    A buncha not-roasters with big ideas and a bag full of Piggley-Wiggley house brand coffee hanging around here piss me off. This thread is a holy ground.

I'm glad you joined us, Pat, and hope your enjoyment, enthusiasm and experience with the roasting hobby is something you'll continue to share with us.

Welcome Pat!! Its good to see anouther person in the FR8 club!!
    A bad day hunting or fishing is better than a good day at work.

D_A
    Puffer Fish with some spikes D_A's Avatar

Well, I finally got fed up with the crap they try to pass off as 'premium' coffee in the grocery stores and due to my lack of nearby roasters, I put together an SC/CO and roasted my first batch this weekend. Having a cup of Indonesian Sumatra Mandheling Retro with a La Gloria Cubana now. I thought I'd start with that one since it does well roasted a little darker and I figured I'd probably end up burning the first batch. I did a batch of Ethiopian Organic Harrar too, but haven't brewed any yet. I think this in going to be fun.

Well done on the SCCO move, D A. I hope you find the process as rewarding and enjoyable as we do.

Lost...Completely Lost... icantbejon's Avatar

Despite my screenname, my name actually is Jon. I have honestly never even thought about roasting my own coffee, but it sounds like an interesting thing to try. How do you go about getting into this hobby?

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Quote Originally Posted by icantbejon View Post
    Despite my screenname, my name actually is Jon. I have honestly never even thought about roasting my own coffee, but it sounds like an interesting thing to try. How do you go about getting into this hobby?
    There is a ton of great info as to how to jump in with both feet in this coffee forum. Here are a couple of links to some places to check out beans and equipment

http://www.unclebeanz.com/merchant2/

http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.htm
    "They must find it difficult... Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority."
    Gerald Massey

No longer a community member. King James's Avatar

Howdy! New roaster here with my brand spankin new sc/co thanks to Pete (replicant) Looking forward to getting even more involved with my new hobby

Quote Originally Posted by King James View Post
    Howdy! New roaster here with my brand spankin new sc/co thanks to Pete (replicant) Looking forward to getting even more involved with my new hobby
    Congrats on gaining a working, quality roaster. I hope you enjoy many pleasurable years (and great coffee) with your new craft.

Hi my name is Seth and I just got into home roasting (I had been getting it from a friend and then decided to start doing it myself). Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I have been drinking home roasted for about a year and thanks to said friend I can no longer stand to drink anything else.

I pan roast (in a wok over a propane burner) and I am currently building my own roaster. I drink most of my coffee from a French press, except for the first thing in the morning when I am not awake enough...so I use the cheap drip coffee maker that I have.

I look forward to getting to know my fellow roasters.

Seth

Welcome Seth. You post some pics of your pan roasting technique some time!

Go Seth! I hope you enjoy the hobby (and craft) of coffee roasting as much as we do. Welcome to the fraternity of people who roast coffee and mostly smoke cigars and pipes.

Moo-ism translator, Esq

Nice jump Seth. How's it going for you? Are you getting the quality you are used to from your pal?
    Reserved for future use....

Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post
    Nice jump Seth. How's it going for you? Are you getting the quality you are used to from your pal?
    It is going well. The last pound that I roasted I went a little lighter roast, so it is different from what he was giving me, however it is still pretty good and smooth with a slight smoky flavor. I definitely need to try a few more profiles, but that is going to have to wait until I find a burner to mount for my own set-up.

I plan to be up and roasting in about 1.5 weeks...after I finish my exams for this summer.

Seth

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast