Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..."

This is a discussion on Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..." within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Hmmmm. A warning pre-roast diatribe. This gets points for originality. Good, good. Now don't even come back to this hallowed ...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Re: Identify yourself: "I roast, therefore, I am..."

Hmmmm. A warning pre-roast diatribe. This gets points for originality. Good, good.

Now don't even come back to this hallowed shrine until you have scorched some beans all by your lonesome. There are giants here who walk the walk.

Shoo. Go roast something then come back with your head high.

Don't you have a wok or a frying pan or something?
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Moo-ism translator, Esq

yoo, Mr Moo, are trying to goad me into stuffing some beans into an empty tin of MacBaren's Mixture #1 and roast with my triple torch.
    Why...I say again WHY would you treat me so? All in the interest in setting up an innocent noob as fodder for a publc debasing?? I fear it is thus!!

Are there no senior members of this thread that will lend assistance? I can see now that my attitude will come in much more handy, much earlier, than I thought.........

Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post
    yoo, Mr Moo, are trying to goad me into stuffing some beans into an empty tin of MacBaren's Mixture #1 and roast with my triple torch.
    Why...I say again WHY would you treat me so? All in the interest in setting up an innocent noob as fodder for a publc debasing?? I fear it is thus!!

Are there no senior members of this thread that will lend assistance? I can see now that my attitude will come in much more handy, much earlier, than I thought.........
    Goad? What goad? I'm sure that roasting with a MacBarens tin will leave the coffee with a bad bite - even as iced coffee it would probably burn your tongue. Try using a tin from a decent brand of tobacco work fine for you.

Public debasing? I do not perform public debasing. Leafhog does all the public debasing. I merely noted that, as a self-confessed non-roaster you picked one hell of a thread to toss all your typos around in. That's all. Toughen up you crybaby.
    I'm senior enough to tell you what you need to know. The moderator is a frenchman named Porc-de-feuille; the main kibitzer is a left-coast attack dog will illusions of grandeur an enough wit to slice you up like a box of frozen julliene'd beans if you look at him sideways; and the biggest coffee poster(whore) bought a Macap instead of a Mazzer. Bottom line is, you're better off taking up your problems with me. The next most helpful of the "senior" members here is easily recognized; he the one who grinds small children small children into flour and bakes bread out of them.Enjoy the coffee forum and good luck with your roasting plan. We're all here to help, right fellers? Crybaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    We're all here to help, right fellers? Crybaby.

Of course we are........

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    Of course we are........

I am never disappointed here. Knew E'nS could count on you seniory-type folks.

Any more help for EvanS? Seniors? Woo Hoo! Wake up and sharpen your sticks.

Moo-ism translator, Esq

ahem, if I may - This is Mrs EvanS replying for Evan, at the behest of Evan....so as to technically not perpetrate another instance of I've-not-yet-roasted-but-feel-the-need-to-once-again-ignore-warnings-and-trespass-on-this-hallowed-shrine anyway.

THANKS!!! but I (he) don't (doesn't) think I (he) can handle any more help

Quote Originally Posted by EvanS View Post
    ahem, if I may - This is Mrs EvanS replying for Evan, at the behest of Evan....so as to technically not perpetrate another instance of I've-not-yet-roasted-but-feel-the-need-to-once-again-ignore-warnings-and-trespass-on-this-hallowed-shrine anyway.

THANKS!!! but I (he) don't (doesn't) think I (he) can handle any more help
    Oh My.....having the Mrs. stick up for you, I am afraid the will have at you now........

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    Oh My.....having the Mrs. stick up for you, I am afraid the will have at you now........
    (shrugs) This is pathetic. I'm thinking about closing up this thread and moving everything over to Coffeemania in Russia, back where a malchik is still a malchik (except for at Coffeemania, which appears to be "davotchka" operated).

Coffeemania is a roaster, so there're valid here. Very clever site and I love their graphic (cup with door).

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Proudly reporting my first successful roast:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85040

Heatgun experimentation is getting better, I'm using the people at work for my taste testing and they're already liking my failures better than off-the-shelf coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by NCatron View Post
    Proudly reporting my first successful roast:

http://www.clubstogie.com/vb/showthread.php?t=85040

Heatgun experimentation is getting better, I'm using the people at work for my taste testing and they're already liking my failures better than off-the-shelf coffee.
    Well done sir, and welcome to the club.
    Keep us posted on your progress.

No longer a Virgin -

Poppery II
    100 Ft Extension cord
    5lbs. Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Wet Processed FTO
    Pasta strainer insert for large alum. pot

First crack was around 6 minutes and went another 4-6 minutes (no timer). Beans are pretty dark with no oil. Left them to sit overnight and the first cup this morning was very lively tasting. Not really that deep coffee flavor I'm used to. Must be the Yirg taste profile I have read about.

Does anyone know if using a 100 ft extension cord will affect the roast times of the Poppery II?

I just placed an order with Sweet Maria for the following -
    Aged SumatraMandheling '04 Crop
    Kenya
    AA Muranga -Kariani
    Brazil Organic Camocim -Moka (Peaberry)

Catch me I'm falling -
    Last edited by kjd2121; 06-05-2007 at 04:04 PM.
    Kevin

[SIZE=4]RyJ
    [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by kjd2121 View Post
    No longer a Virgin -

Poppery II
    100 Ft Extension cord
    5lbs. Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Wet Processed FTO
    Pasta strainer insert for large alum. pot

First crack was around 6 minutes and went another 4-6 minutes (no timer). Beans are pretty dark with no oil. Left them to sit overnight and the first cup this morning was very lively tasting. Not really that deep coffee flavor I'm used to. Must be the Yirg taste profile I have read about.

Does anyone know if using a 100 ft extension cord will affect the roast times of the Poppery II?

I just placed an order with Sweet Maria for the following -
    Aged SumatraMandheling '04 Crop Kenya AA Muranga -Kariani

Catch me I'm falling -
    Cograts - yirg is what the coffee dweebs call "a bean of special interest." Perhaps try leaning toward some central americans to start learning with - can't much go wrong. You will also find the large Sumatra and KenyaAA you have coming easy to work with (and over roast). Welcome aboard!

The list grows longer and longer; very nice to see.

All that cord oughta slow down a WBII a good bit.
    Last edited by Mister Moo; 06-05-2007 at 03:40 PM. Reason: to edit

Mel Update: he is closing in. Prepare to celebrate...

~
    c(_)

I've been roasting in my Poppery II for the past two weeks and I gotta tell ya - This is the way to drink coffee.

Been roasting the following -
    Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Wet Processed FTO
    Aged Sumatra Mandheling '04 Crop
    Kenya AA Muranga ľKariani

My wife and I each have a small press cup we use at work.
    We each decide what the day will bring and decide which bean to grind. The whirly grinder needs an upgrade, but it will do for now. Grind enough for a few cups at work and off we go.

I'm able to roast up to 1 cup of green beans each night if necessary and this will last at least 2 days. We try to let the beans sit a few days, but sometimes it just doesn't work out.

I just placed an order for more Brazillian beans -
    Fazenda Esperanša - Red Bourbon
    Fazendo Esperanša - Yellow Icatu
    Fazendo Barreiro - Minas Gerais

I think ResIpsa has his hands in the Red and Yellow as well.

Life is good!!!
    Kevin

[SIZE=4]RyJ
    [/SIZE]

"...Life is good!!!..."

[SIZE="4"]Ok !
    You've got the "Bug"!!

Add to your experience, by doing an Internet search on each Country you try coffee from. Knowing the history and the distant the little critters have traveled to get to your cup really is fascinating !

Enjoy !

'Da Cat
    [/SIZE]

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast