Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Eight O'Clock coffee under $4 lb.

This is a discussion on Eight O'Clock coffee under $4 lb. within the Coffee Discussion forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Amazon has a special right now on Eight O'Clock coffee. Their 4-packs of 12 oz. bags start at $15.53 - ...

Eight O'Clock coffee under $4 lb.

Amazon has a special right now on Eight O'Clock coffee. Their 4-packs of 12 oz. bags start at $15.53 - code 8OCLOCK8 knocks off $4 per 4-pack so if I'm doing the math right that's $3.85 per lb. or $2.89 per 12 oz. pack.

If you don't have Amazon Prime you'll need to buy 2 4-packs to get free shipping.

linkage

Some local markets have BOGO deals that work out to this kind of pricing but none near me ever do...

Re: Eight O'Clock coffee under $4 lb.

Makes me wonder how old it is!

If a deal looks too good to be true, then there's something wrong.
    Coffee is Food! Spread the Word

www.killerbeans.com
    Spread the word...Coffee Is Food!

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

[hijack] No offense meant Baz'oe but I am going to horn in and come down with smoke and scunion on Eight O'Clock. Right here. Right now. This is it! My moment of truth.

Until recently I thought it was the best mass market coffee on the shelf (and at a great price to boot). The price is still nice but the flavor has sagged dreadfully in the past two or three years. I rate it "feh" in 2007. [/hijack]
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    ...No offense meant Baz'oe...
    Certainly none taken Mooster - I posted this as much for advice as for the dealio.

[hijack] No offense meant Baz'oe but I am going to horn in and come down with smoke and scunion on Eight O'Clock. Right here. Right now. This is it! My moment of truth.

Until recently I thought it was the best mass market coffee on the shelf (and at a great price to boot). The price is still nice but the flavor has sagged dreadfully in the past two or three years. I rate it "feh" in 2007. [/hijack]

I agree with you in part Dan. While on the whole I've found 8 O`Clock flavor waning, every now and then I still get a good one. I'm tending to think it might have more to do with a lack of freshness rather than a general decrease in bean quality. Doesn't seem like the local stores are moving much inventory of late.

Either way, it has lost its luster in my eyes.

Just my take on it...

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Doesn't seem like the local stores are moving much inventory of late.
    This wouldn't surprise me, with the coffee revolución (viva!) I think a lot less people are enchanted by the novelty of "Hey, it's whole bean!".

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Alpedhuez55's Avatar

I was fond of their Bokur Blend. But since I have moved to South Carolina, I have not been able to find it
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Puffer Fish with some spikes Trout's Avatar

Not bad coffee at all.

Luvin' me some Lagavulin billybarue's Avatar

I get it in my military commisary for $2.50/12 oz (and no tax). I still like it, and haven't noticed a dropoff in flavor - but I have no taste.

BillyBarue

"A Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --- Thucydides