Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Gather and smoke

This is a discussion on Gather and smoke within the Colorado forums, part of the Members and Places to Smoke by Area category; I'm pretty new to cigars, and found a shop just across the street from where I work (Tewksbury & Co) ...

Gather and smoke

I'm pretty new to cigars, and found a shop just across the street from where I work (Tewksbury & Co) and went in there on Friday to buy a stick, grab a chair, and have some good conversation.

I truly enjoyed myself, and was wondering if it's common for cigar shops to have a sitting/smoking area. Secondly, and which is why this is in the CO section, what other stores in CO have this kind of situation, and which ones are the best to visit, in your opinion. The closest store to my house is the Tobacco Leaf II on Alameda, and I know they have a little sitting area there, but the few times I've been in there aren't many people there. So, for all you CO people, where do you gather and when?

Aaron

www.teamslowpitch.com RobustBrad's Avatar

Re: Gather and smoke

Hey Aaron,

It's very common for cigar stores to have a lounge. Actually the more prominent cigar stores will have a cigar lounge with some amenities to it. I'm not very familiar with the local cigars shops as I'm fairly new to Colorado. I've been to the Havanor Manor in Louisville and they have some of the better prices cigars I've seen in a local B&M shop.

Also, many of the local shops have events multiple times per month. These are great to meet new folks and get some super deals on promo cigars.

Keep me posted if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by jakespeed View Post
    I'm pretty new to cigars, and found a shop just across the street from where I work (Tewksbury & Co) and went in there on Friday to buy a stick, grab a chair, and have some good conversation.

I truly enjoyed myself, and was wondering if it's common for cigar shops to have a sitting/smoking area. Secondly, and which is why this is in the CO section, what other stores in CO have this kind of situation, and which ones are the best to visit, in your opinion. The closest store to my house is the Tobacco Leaf II on Alameda, and I know they have a little sitting area there, but the few times I've been in there aren't many people there. So, for all you CO people, where do you gather and when?

Aaron
    I live in the opposite side of town as you (Centennial), but in Aurora there's a Smoker's Friendly at Parker & Havana which I guess has been there forever. They have a lounge in the corner behind the convenience store. Its a decent sized lounge with nice amenities. They don't serve alcohol but you can bring your own. They have 2 humidors: one in the convenience store, and one in the lounge. Both times I've been there on nice weekend days when there wasn't a game on, and I was the only one there. I heard it gets a good crowd though when there's a game on t.v.

The other place I've been to is Stanley Pappas just east of I-25 on Arapahoe. They have a 'diamond-crown' lounge and walk-in humidor. The people there are friendly.

I'm up for getting together with some fellow puffers sometime and meeting new people. Just let me know.

Randy

Lately I've been frequenting the lounges at both Jerri's and Tewksbury downtown, which makes for a fantastic mid-day break. Both have more 'sitting areas' as opposed to lounges, but there always seem to be enough people there to keep things interesting. A shop closer to my home (Tobacco Leaf) is having an event next week, and I plan on going. Maybe I'll even see some fellow puffer fish there.