Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Community Coffee

This is a discussion on Community Coffee within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; The best commercial coffee to buy is Community Coffee. Based in Louisiana, CC is the best coffee around. If you ...

Newbie in the ocean

Community Coffee

The best commercial coffee to buy is Community Coffee. Based in Louisiana, CC is the best coffee around. If you live in LA or the surrounding areas you know that CC is the only coffee to drink. That is why people like going the CC coffee house rather than the Starbucks.

Re: Community Coffee

Wow.
    Proud supporter of Reel Recovery.
    www.reelrecovery.org

Quote Originally Posted by russ4lsu View Post
    The best commercial coffee to buy is Community Coffee. Based in Louisiana, CC is the best coffee around. If you live in LA or the surrounding areas you know that CC is the only coffee to drink. That is why people like going the CC coffee house rather than the Starbucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayak_Rat View Post
    Wow.
    hmmmm. Well......how's it going Russ?

Nothing wrong per se with it, and not saying you do, but the post comes off a little like you have a connection to Community Coffee. YA Know?

Lots of retailers here, great guys. It's nice when we know about connections up front though.

just say no to stupid

Quote Originally Posted by russ4lsu View Post
    Hate to disagree with a newbie, but Community is one of my least favorites Louisiana coffee's. I much prefer Luzianne or better yet, French Market coffee.

Newbie in the ocean

Unhappy Re: Community Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa View Post
    hmmmm. Well......how's it going Russ?

the post comes off a little like you have a connection to Community Coffee. YA Know?

Lots of retailers here, great guys. It's nice when we know about connections up front though.
    I'm sorry I should have specified that I am no way affiliated with the CC corporation. I actually don't drink coffee except on a few rare occasions when I get the urge to have a cup. But everbody here always says its the best and they say people who try it for the first time sometime don't like it at first because it might be stronger than they're used to.

As for Mac, I can't believe a fellow Louisianian doesn't like CC. And in my house it is wrong to drink Luzianne. I can't comment on French Market because I never had.

Sorry if I came off a little strong in my earlier post, I didn't mean to.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Gambit's Avatar

CC is my favorite and always has been. Mello Joy is a little different but, just as good (imho). Luzianne is almost as good. Luzianne comes in the regular old red bag and a brown bag, which I prefer, containing only ground arabica beans.

I am from the Lafayette, LA, area but, have lived in other states. Friends and family were always nice enough to send CC wherever we were. The between roast is my favorite.

Interesting story about Mello Joy. Years ago they were CC's main competitor. In a slick business move, CC bought the rights to Mello Joy and never used those rights. They bought them simply to remove the competition. About five years ago the rights expired and no one at CC realized it. A member of the family that originally owned Mello Joy slipped in and bought the rights. Now, Mello Joy is again a pain in the side of CC.
    That's the way I heard it from a Mello Joy manager.
    Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    CC is my favorite and always has been. Mello Joy is a little different but, just as good (imho). Luzianne is almost as good. Luzianne comes in the regular old red bag and a brown bag, which I prefer, containing only ground arabica beans.

I am from the Lafayette, LA, area but, have lived in other states. Friends and family were always nice enough to send CC wherever we were. The between roast is my favorite.

Interesting story about Mello Joy. Years ago they were CC's main competitor. In a slick business move, CC bought the rights to Mello Joy and never used those rights. They bought them simply to remove the competition. About five years ago the rights expired and no one at CC realized it. A member of the family that originally owned Mello Joy slipped in and bought the rights. Now, Mello Joy is again a pain in the side of CC.
    That's the way I heard it from a Mello Joy manager.
    I agree that CC is one of the best coffees you can get in supermaarkets - in the region they distribute. I especially agree about the In Between roast.

Do tell.

Not Here

I get CC shipped to me regularly...
    [SIZE=2]
    “Don’t talk to me about naval tradition.
    It’s nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash.”
    Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
    [/SIZE]

Addicted to Club Stogie mike32312's Avatar

We have a contract with Community Coffee at my office for about 75 people. Most seem to like. I've had better but not at the price I pay for CC.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=rFxwOLbImcU&feature=related

May your ashes be long and your humidor always full.
    If you don't like me...BITE ME!

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Volt's Avatar

I grew up drinking CC, Luziane, and * o'clock. All excellant IMO. But then I was born and raised in LA

French MArket is also good as noted above, just not gonna happen in VA though...
    Friends don't let friends smoke fruity cigars!