Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Malabar Gold

This is a discussion on Malabar Gold within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; I almost did not get to sample this fine blend. I ordered it from Uncle Beanz along with several pounds ...

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Alpedhuez55's Avatar

Malabar Gold

I almost did not get to sample this fine blend. I ordered it from Uncle Beanz along with several pounds of Green Beans. I have been roasting some Sweet Maria's Classic Espresso and Monkey Blend, and just wanted to compare them to something.

I left it on the Coffee Table and I guess Parker, my Nova Scotia Duck Trolling Retriever though it was smelled great too. When I came home from work on Friday, he had managed to get the bag off the coffee table and open it up. spilling a few ounces on the ground. I was able to salvage most of it.

Using my Gaggia MDF Grinder and Coffee Espresso It has produced perfect 25 second double shots with a nice thick crema about 5mm thick. It has a little bittersweet and nutty flavor to it. I have had several shots straight, but I think it would work well in Milk drinks as well. It is strong and flavorful but not harsh. It pairs great with dark chocolate.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Re: Malabar Gold

When I came home from work on Friday, he had managed to get the bag off the coffee table and open it up. spilling a few ounces on the ground. I was able to salvage most of it.
    You need to tell me what stocks you buy, and I'll go in the opposite direction.
    The Alpedhuez Contrarian Fund.....LOL. You have no luck.

Glad you like it. We love it. Period.
    Dream big. Love limitless. Live fully. Laugh often. Drink great coffee. UB on FaceBook here.

Elder Puffer Fish Leader Alpedhuez55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by novasurf View Post
    You need to tell me what stocks you buy, and I'll go in the opposite direction.
    The Alpedhuez Contrarian Fund.....LOL. You have no luck.

Glad you like it. We love it. Period.
    Well, a couple of months ago I got an order from C-Bid, and Parker tried to pee on the box.

I was able to stop him just in time.

I like the Malabar gold. But hopefully I will come up with my own blend one of these days. I am going to try a couple of other popular ones first.
    "I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
    -- Winston Churchill

Get Ken David's Espresso Book. It is a great primer.
    Dream big. Love limitless. Live fully. Laugh often. Drink great coffee. UB on FaceBook here.

No longer a community member.

I am now a big fan of this blend. It rocks. I just started working through my first pound and am impressed.

That is great to hear. We love it too.