Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sulawesi x Starbucks

This is a discussion on Sulawesi x Starbucks within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Originally Posted by vicvitola I mean that's it really. It could be coffee, a cigar or ..... If it's good ...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Re: Sulawesi x Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by vicvitola View Post
    I mean that's it really. It could be coffee, a cigar or ..... If it's good it's just good.
    WE know this, but that ResIpsa fellow is a bit of a stone-casting ne'er do well. Since he got an espresso machine he has become quite the picky one.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Full grown Puffer Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    WE know this, but that ResIpsa fellow is a bit of a stone-casting ne'er do well. Since he got an espresso machine he has become quite the picky one.
    See that really chaps my patoot! I wandered over here into the coffee forums to get away from all that fussiness!
    “Kylie opened the door and threw boiling hot water on his face and his chest and he said oooh yeah,”

Bite me Dan,
    See that really chaps my patoot! I wandered over here into the coffee forums to get away from all that fussiness!
    Well...........since it's heavy on the Savant I'm sure you know what they say about doors that swing,

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes

Even a large conglomerate corporation like SB can screw up and get something right.
    "They must find it difficult... Those who have taken authority as the truth rather than truth as the authority."
    Gerald Massey

... I wandered over here ... to get away from all that...
    No politicking back-biting fussiness here you crybaby whining little weenie. Just honest discussion, open minds and and NO juvenile name calling as occurs in other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ResIpsa
    Bite me Dan
    I'll give you something to bite you hopeless pocket of putrescent horse hockey.

No politicking back-biting fussiness here you crybaby whining little weenie. Just honest discussion, open minds and and NO juvenile name calling as occurs in other forums.

I'll give you something to bite you hopeless pocket of putrescent horse hockey.
    Nice Colonel potter reference!

Yirgs generally are too lemony for me, as I said citrus is one flavor profile I can't abide in coffee.

I find it funny how sometimes people chafe under flavor descriptions of cigars and coffee by reviewers.

For an 11oz Everlast glove in the face worth of blueberry, a good Harrar will do you.

[SIZE=1]

[/SIZE]

Full grown Puffer Fish

Gee I sure hope not ...uh ....huh?
    “Kylie opened the door and threw boiling hot water on his face and his chest and he said oooh yeah,”

Quote Originally Posted by lenguamor View Post
    ...funny how sometimes people chafe under flavor descriptions of cigars and coffee by reviewers.
    This is true.

I have recently been suffering, TRYING hard to figure out why so many pipe smokers wax poetic over MacBarens Plumcake. The whole thing escapes me. I read the words about the wonderful flavors people experience with it and I really want to have it, too. And then they hear me go on about this blueberry freaking coffee from a mokapot and they think I'm more full of beans than my grinder.

It's hard to find and define these pipe, cigar and coffee (dare I say it?) nuances when we find them and (Lord knows) harder still to tell someone their idea of a dreamy taste is your idea of a nightmare and vice versa. Poor old ResIpsa, for example, is trapped in his nightmare of being unable to love Starbucks coffee while the rest of us blithely swoon over the Sulawesi. Sniff. Poor man.

Well, you know what I mean.

Or maybe not. Sometimes I don't know what I mean. I sometimes speak in tonguesagbabadabbadab. Ask anyone.

I actually enjoy the citrus sometimes. .....blueberry huh? Whoodathunkit?
    I fall all over myself in the kitchen when the yirg goes totally Lemon-Pledgie over the top. I'll be going "Ooo! OOOOOooo! This is just WILD!!" Then Mrs. Moo takes a taste from the same pot, turns up her nose, and goes out for coffee that morning (or week).

So ask Root about he blueberry. It blue my mind - I really didn't expect it to be there but it most certainly was.

Pretentious.Bastge.Online Tristan's Avatar

Since he got an espresso machine he has become quite the picky one.
    He must not be that picky because he's been choking down my espresso blend

just to chime in... Sulawesi has been my favorite beanage from SB for years... the only thing I recall liking more was their (kinda pricey) Aged Sulawesi from a few years back (maybe a decade by now...). Their Anniversary Blend is usually good, and there's maybe 1 or 2 others that work in a pinch. Love French-pressed coffee, but only with the darker/bold roasts.

My favorite local joint is Caffe Ladro - their Diablo Blend is a very yummy dark roast... and when they have it, their Ethiopian Yirg. is awesome (and, to me, it has some blueberry nuances).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2