Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

stewarts red eye blend

This is a discussion on stewarts red eye blend within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; anyone ever try this. i just picked up a tin today. im excited to try it.. i know nothing about ...

Puffer Fish with some spikes bige610's Avatar

stewarts red eye blend

anyone ever try this. i just picked up a tin today. im excited to try it.. i know nothing about coffee but i know i like caffeine.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Re: stewarts red eye blend

I never heard of their line before but it sure is extensive.

Given the low price, the blend's name and the image on the container I imagine the coffee is loaded with cheap/cheap/cheap robusta beans. I wouldn't think the can is marked "100% arabica beans." Robusta, not the best tasting of coffees, is mostly inexpensive and much higher in caffeine content than the more flavorful, higher cost arabica bean(s). If you like to get your head cranked up in the morning, this oughta do it in one large mug, where a more costly 100% arabica blend would take two. High robusta content coffee is often marketed to younger people, students and in stores targeting lower income customers. The coffee is often promoted for its' boost and low price.

I have tried many robusta beans and blends - some are better than others but none of them would appeal to me unless I was on a budget. It often has a characteristic bitter or peanut-buttery aftertaste. Robusta of varying qualities is a common addition to the best (and worst) espresso blends. It usually creates a bite that the blender may desire and it creates a thicker, longer lasting crema.

Try it, Erik. Let us know what you think.

[SIZE=3]11 Oz. Red Eye Serious Brew "Coffee with an Attitude"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]Price:$4.49
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Mister Moo; 08-22-2008 at 10:52 AM.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

stuff is really good i just french pressed some at work. wow pretty smooth. no acidity really. I emailed the company and they are going ot send me other samples. they also told me they only use arabica beans.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bige610 View Post
    they also told me they only use arabica beans.
    Good find if it tastes good and is 100% arabica anything, roasted and canned at $6.50/pound. They must be a non-profit organization.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Good find if it tastes good and is 100% arabica anything, roasted and canned at $6.50/pound. They must be a non-profit organization.

and sending out free samples too. not sure about the business plan but i likey