Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Starbuck Guatamala Bella Carmona

This is a discussion on Starbuck Guatamala Bella Carmona within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Listed on the bag as "Limited Reserve - Rare & Exquisite." Hey, maybe it really was exquisite be fire , ...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Starbuck Guatamala Bella Carmona

Listed on the bag as "Limited Reserve - Rare & Exquisite."

Hey, maybe it really was exquisite befire, I mean before, it was over roasted. Even over roasted it isn't bad but without the slight hint of burnt overtone it would be a very good cup.

I was down to my last pot or two of RRA Last Blast and was bound to go camping so I grabbed the (now) 10-ounce bag of preground Guat and took it along. The RRA made it thru the camping trip so the Starbux was opened when we got home. I'm a fool for Guat and it's especially disappointing that this bag is SOOOOOO close to being very good.

Why can they not just say "no" to burned beans? Mindboggling.
    Last edited by Mister Moo; 09-25-2008 at 07:41 AM.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Re: Starbuck Guatamala Bella Carmona

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
    Listed on the bag as "Limited Reserve - Rare & Exquisite."

Hey, maybe it really was exquisite befire, I mean before, it was over roasted. Even over roasted it isn't bad but without the slight hint of burnt overtone it would be a very good cup.

I was down to my last pot or two of RRA Last Blast and was bound to go camping so I grabbed the (now) 10-ounce bag of preground Guat and took it along. The RRA made it thru the camping trip so the Starbux was opened when we got home. I'm a fool for Gaut and it's especially disappointing that this bag is SOOOOOO close to being very good.

Why can they not just say "no" to burned beans? Mindboggling.
    I hear ya.
    Starbucks ASSUMES their customers put cream and sugar in their coffee, so they over roast their beans to try and get the flavor to come through all of that muck.
    At least that's my take on it.
    Last edited by skibumdc; 09-25-2008 at 07:53 AM.
    "I had an 08 last night that sucked..plugged worse than Jenna Jameson at work"-Mugen910

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Re: Starbuck Guatamala Bella Carmona

Quote Originally Posted by skibumdc View Post
    ...they over roast their beans to ...get the flavor to come through all of that muck.
    Yeah, that. Particularly disappointing with what was obviously a very nice bean. Snif. I'll get over it. Snif.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"