Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

caffe pronto sweet cheeks

This is a discussion on caffe pronto sweet cheeks within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; A friend of mine works at a local roastery/cafe called "caffe pronto" in Annapolis, MD. He very kindly gifted me ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes fizguy's Avatar

caffe pronto sweet cheeks

A friend of mine works at a local roastery/cafe called "caffe pronto" in Annapolis, MD. He very kindly gifted me a 12 oz bag of one of their espresso blends called sweet cheeks.

The first thing I noticed upon opening the bag, other than the delicious aroma, was that this was a true light northern Italian style roast. I have never seen a roast this light before.

I pulled two shots this morning. On his advice I let the first one go about 35 seconds, and the second one 30, and the extraction was fairly dark the whole time. This was a very tasty espresso! The most notable thing to me was an absence of acidity. Secondly was the moderate bitterness and pleasant sweetness. I wouldn't say it had a "syrupy mouthfeel" like the roaster's description, but it was definitely quite good.

I probably won't order this blend online simply because I can't stomache paying 50% of the price in shipping, but when I get to Annapolis (about 1/2 hr away) I will be sure to buy a few bags. Highly recommended.

Re: caffe pronto sweet cheeks

Shipping is always a problem...just order a couple pounds and you should be doing OK.
    Coffee is Food! Spread the Word

www.killerbeans.com
    Spread the word...Coffee Is Food!