Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Starbuck's Pike Place

This is a discussion on Starbuck's Pike Place within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Got kinda hooked on this stuff. I mean its a great cup of coffee. The cute girls behind the counter ...

THE MAN WHO LOVES TWANG! TonyBrooklyn's Avatar

Starbuck's Pike Place

Got kinda hooked on this stuff. I mean its a great cup of coffee. The cute girls behind the counter are fun to look at as well. They switched the crew to older women. I still find myself going back. It must be the coffee anyone else have this problem?

Re: Starbuck's Pike Place

I live within walking distance of the first starbucks ever, that's located at Pike Place Market...

There's WAY better coffee in this city than Starbucks... Try some Caffe Vita blends, or some Vivace... mmmm!!

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish jaydub13's Avatar

I actually spent a few years working for starbucks, and lemme tell ya, there are much better blends from them. Personally, I find the Pike's Place to be a flat coffee, with notes of bitterness. I'm much more of a Verona drinker, although I'll take anything from Peet's over anything from starbucks.

My favorite is their Sumatra and Italian Roast. Pikes is good too but gotta be first thing in the morning otherwise I like something a little bolder.

That said until Starbucks decides to work with Keurig (and yes I've tried the refillable cup) I buy far less than I used to.

cigar fish...

Cool Re: Starbuck's Pike Place

So, would it be fair to say they've practiced 'jailbait-and-switch'?

Ok - more seriously, I second the notion that there are some great alternatives out there. And.. the experience of that part of Seattle is unique; it's a great place to visit.

Mark
    -
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBrooklyn View Post
    Got kinda hooked on this stuff. I mean its a great cup of coffee. The cute girls behind the counter are fun to look at as well. They switched the crew to older women. I still find myself going back. It must be the coffee anyone else have this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Warren View Post
    My favorite is their Sumatra and Italian Roast. Pikes is good too but gotta be first thing in the morning otherwise I like something a little bolder.

That said until Starbucks decides to work with Keurig (and yes I've tried the refillable cup) I buy far less than I used to.
    Yes agreed i drink Pike first thing in the morning. I tried it later in the day, to be frank it does nothing for me either.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

I drink this every day.
    You might find that smoke blown out clears your mind of shadows within.

Huge Puffer Fish packed with spikes Tarks's Avatar

I agree with you Tony. Generally speaking, I am not a fan of "coffee shop" coffee but the Pikes Peak is a decent cup. I am very fussy about my coffee so for me to say that anything other than MY coffee is decent says alot!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarks View Post
    I agree with you Tony. Generally speaking, I am not a fan of "coffee shop" coffee but the Pikes Peak is a decent cup. I am very fussy about my coffee so for me to say that anything other than MY coffee is decent says alot!
    I hear you Jeff i feel the same way. Recently i have switched to their bold pick of the day. For some reason Pike Place seems too bland now a day's.
    “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”
    Jimi Hendrix

Maturing Puffer Fish

Starbucks coffee is pretty bleh overall but due to the enormous number of locations they have you can't really avoid them all the time. They do have some pretty good seasonal blends though

I really don't like to drink any of starbucks coffee, they all have that burnt bitter taste.
    I perferr Peete coffee. But starbucks does make great carmel machinos I'm hooked on that drink heh
    troy

Puffer Fish with some spikes bc8436's Avatar

Can't say I'm a fan of Starbucks either. Usually I get my coffee from a local store that roast the beans on site.

I've always found PP to be boring. Savoured a Komodo Dragon today. MMMmmmmm!

Waterlogged Puffer Fish Ducrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
    I live within walking distance of the first starbucks ever, that's located at Pike Place Market...

There's WAY better coffee in this city than Starbucks... Try some Caffe Vita blends, or some Vivace... mmmm!!
    Aint that the truth. Add caffe umbria to the list too. Caffe Umbria | Coffee Roasting Company | Retail & Wholesale

I was saying boourns... jbgd825's Avatar

I've worked for starbucks for a collective 3 1/2 years. Pike place is the scourge of our coffee offerings. I'm not a fan of it in any form, not even the pike place reserve that they only sell in the pike place store which is supposed to be much better.

My favorite blends are Kenya, RED (east africa blend), and guatemala. I find most other coffees from them to range from either meh, to this tastes like tuna.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast