Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Eight O' Clock Is Now Offically Bad

This is a discussion on Eight O' Clock Is Now Offically Bad within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Give Maxwell House another try if you haven't lately. Not bad. (look, it's not great....it's not gonna beat your fave ...

Puffer Fish with many spikes Stinkdyr's Avatar

Re: Eight O' Clock Is Now Offically Bad

Give Maxwell House another try if you haven't lately. Not bad. (look, it's not great....it's not gonna beat your fave boutique beanz, but it will do in a pinch)

Evolving Lead Puffer Fish mmiller's Avatar

i have been told that 8 o clock coffee was good and when i tried it i was greatly dissapointed, for a good store brand coffee with similar price i have been getting yuban, i love that brand

Awaiting Confirmation karatekyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmiller View Post
    i have been told that 8 o clock coffee was good and when i tried it i was greatly dissapointed, for a good store brand coffee with similar price i have been getting yuban, i love that brand
    I've seen that around, I better try it. I've found that I enjoy African coffees. Ethiopian beans really embody my "ideal" coffee taste.

My "Grannie" worked at an A&P and a Winn Dixie in the 60s and swore by 8 O'Clock coffee. During a discussion of how to make good coffee or not bitter coffee, an older lady restauranteur interrupted and said "just use 8 O'Clock and you don't have to worry about all that." As I learned to enjoy my coffee, 8 O'Clock became my staple for years. Then I found out Consumer Reports confirmed my high opinion.

Then, ... the change. Some say it happened about the same time as they changed the packaging design.

Surely a company like this is aware of what they used to have and what they are producing now. I emailed them a year or so ago, but of course got no response.

Today, I committed to purchasing another "staple" coffee. Imagine my disappointment when I learned my two small town grocers and the local Wal Marks only carry one whole bean coffee--8 O'Clock.

Young Puffer Fish

folgers Black Silk is nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2