Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

lavazza?

This is a discussion on lavazza? within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Now I've allways had espresso, but only from local coffee shops, and decided to invest in my own maker (I ...

No longer a community member.

lavazza?

Now I've allways had espresso, but only from local coffee shops, and decided to invest in my own maker (I got a presso as my max was 150)

I don't like it with milk, so no steamer is not a biggie.

The only espresso sold other than crappy blends is lavazza at hannafords.

Its relatively cheap compared to espresso I've seen suggested and reviews look good but a puff search = nothing!

Anyone have experience with lavazza espresso?

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Re: lavazza?

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    Experience? Yes.
    Wild, wonderful success? No. (I think your report on the Presso would be way more interesting than my thoughts on Lavazza.)

I thought about this for two months. I even bought another bag of preground Café Bustelo in the interim just to check again. I have eyeballed people (in Miami) pouring quite decent moka and espresso shots with Bustelo (and its cousins) but I've never replicated the results at home. Maybe Miami gets all the fresh stuff and the Carolinas get the stale stuff; maybe it's just a poor workman who blames his tools. I've had the bad luck with Lavazza and somewhat better results with Illy. I am so nuts about using fresh roasted coffee, either roasting using my own or buying locally/carefully, perhaps I'm jaded. Perhaps it really sucks. 'Ellifino. Absent all other choices I'd say "Any port in a storm. There are way worse things than Lavazza."

Or the shorter version:

The Zen of Coffee
    Two months
    without answers
    are
    answers
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

There's a reason Bustelo costs $3.
    The world is a better place when the Buffalo Bills are winning.

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    There's a reason Bustelo costs $3.
    Yeah, that.

Hey Zoggle - one time, why not order you up a pound of Black Cat from Intelligensia in Chicago and have a basis for comparison. I can't recommend $15/lb coffee for everyone/everyday (that's why I roast/blend my own - cause I'm a skinflint) but it is one of the benchmark blends upon which you can judge other things. There are many others, of course, but this has been a top drawer Steady-Eddie.

Try it - then try lavAzza (and Bustelo). Then write us up a solid lavAzza and Presso review.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Puffer Fish with some spikes ch3rrytw1st's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zogg View Post
    Amazon has this: Lavazza Caffe Espresso Ground Coffee, 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 4) for about $25.

I highly recommend. The "Blu" variety is $33 but IMO is not worth the price difference.

Enjoy!

edit: Oops, didn't realize this thread was so old. If anybody wants some good espresso though, this is the stuff!