This is the first of a few reviews of different decafs, as i venture into that territory at the grocery store.

My wife can't have caffeinated coffee, as she's feeding our newborn. So, I've been begrudgingly drinking decaf lately. Truthfully, I'm now learning to enjoy not getting that jolt in the morning...but still having a satisfying cup o' joe. Can I find a great alternative to a caffeine fix? Read on...

I went with some Starbucks Decaf House Blend to start with.

This is medium roast coffee, although I tend to find Starbucks leans towards over roasting their coffee.

This is a moderately rich cup, though not overly powerful. It's smooth, with subtle notes of a burnt coffee flavor...like a hint of a dark roast thrown in with medium roast flavor and balance. It is interesting in that regard.

Nothing about this particular cup of coffee is amazing, but it is "good." This is a fine cup for late in the evening when you're not looking for a caffeine buzz, but rather something warm and comforting that you don't have to focus on much, but will still enjoy.

It's also an okay cup to start your day with, when your wife can't have caffeine

Out of a possible 5 beans, 1 being bleh and 5 being DANG, this coffee gets:
Flavor: 3
Aroma: 3
Mouthfeel: 4
Appearance: 3

Overall: 3 out of 5 beans. A good, dependable cup of medium roast decaf with hints of a dark roast.

Any and all recommendations for decaf coffees to try are most welcome!