Puff Cigar Discussion Forums
MEMBER CIGAR REVIEWS | STAFF CIGAR REVIEWS | CIGAR VIDEOS | ONE ON ONE INTERVIEWS | CIGAR NEWS | CIGAR FORUMS | PIPES | LIFESTYLE | CONTACT

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Do Visit Your Local Coffee Roasters

This is a discussion on Do Visit Your Local Coffee Roasters within the Commercial Roast Reviews forums, part of the Coffee Forums category; Two capable roasters in Raleigh that sell retail: Cuppa Joe Larrys Beans...

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Re: Do Visit Your Local Coffee Roasters

Two capable roasters in Raleigh that sell retail:

Cuppa Joe
    Larrys Beans
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

Puffer Fish with some spikes Strangg1's Avatar

I haven't found any that were local to me, I think there is a decent one out towards Boston that is about an hour away from me. I've been sampling various roast-to-order places that ship the same day your order is roasted. Sometimes it can take a week to get here though when they are on the opposite coast.

~S
    The Constitution of the United States shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
    Samuel Adams, During the Massachusetts U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

We can beat a week if yer on the East Coast....
    Dream big. Love limitless. Live fully. Laugh often. Drink great coffee. UB on FaceBook here.

Puffer Fish with some spikes Strangg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by novasurf View Post
    We can beat a week if yer on the East Coast....
    Don't worry you folks are next on my list.

~S
    The Constitution of the United States shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.
    Samuel Adams, During the Massachusetts U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788

The Phoenix, AZ area sucks ASS when it comes to good coffee shops. I know of a local roaster but it's too far.

Puffer Fish with some spikes DOHCtorJT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MithShrike View Post
    The Phoenix, AZ area sucks ASS when it comes to good coffee shops. I know of a local roaster but it's too far.
    Coffee Rush at Gilbert/Baseline is my favorite! Not sure if they roast their own but they make a damn fine cup of joe. Not to mention, you get a free 20oz coffee drink when you buy a pound ($8.99). Now that's a deal!
    Set the gearshift to the high gear of your soul...

Puffer Fish with some spikes miana_silvius's Avatar

I found a few Dallas places online but have to wait until tomorrow for some recon.
    Darlene
    SOTL

Two places in Nashville for roast coffee. Bongo Java Roasting Company and Bean Central. I imagine most roasters will sell green beans.
    Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Full grown Puffer Fish paperairplane's Avatar

Anyone have a vendor in northern WV / Pittsburgh region.
    "I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." E. A. Poe

Ask me why I dinged Black Mister Moo's Avatar

Whoa yeah! Mazzaro's Coffee Roaster, Bakery & Deli, St. Pete., FL.

Whoa yeah! Maas Coffee Roasters, Ft. Walton Beach, FL.
    "But with a little bit of luck You'll run amok!"

No longer a community member. King James's Avatar

There is Alterra Coffee in Milwaukee, WI. Might make a stop there tomorrow as I still need to bite the bullet and buy some green beans to roast

Don't Worry, Be Happy. demiurgic's Avatar

Hawai'i is famous for some of the world best coffee and a good friend of mine is a roster. Tom Sharkey grows beans here in Hilo, Hawaii and makes a medium and dark roast. He roasts some Kona coffee as well which is smoother imo.
    Not sure of his website.

HOWEVER the best DARK Espresso roast I have ever had, without a close second is the region of the Big ISland known as KAU. It's called the John Bull roast, after a fella who lived in the Kau district I believe.

Uncle Jimmy Decallo roasts the meanest dark roast, it's unparalleled in flavor and smoothness. www.kaucoffee.com is their site.

I am taking the time to write this because these are fellow Farmer Market Vendors whose products are superb.
    I have my own food business/kava kava business.
    aloha,
    demi
    "The best Cigar in the world is the one you are smoking right now" - Zino Davidoff

LOL, I see I replied back in January. Oh well. Post hohohoing with a little more info this time.

Nashville, TN

Bongo Java Roasting Company BJRC It's in the Bongo Java Coffee shop in East End. Nice people. They roast for local consumption as well as both of their shops. They will sell green beans too.

Bean Central - Just up the road from BJRC. Primarily an local and internet sales site. They have a huge home made style natural gas roaster. It does a fine job and they can do up to 50 lb jobs. They also sell green beans.

Drew's Brews - Haven't made it to his shop yet. He sells to local shops. I get his roasted beans through my favorite coffee shop, Crema. His Zappia Family Espresso (named after his grandparents) is a six bean blend that my espresso shop uses. Smooth, creamy, sweet. Just fantastic.
    Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly. "Mind you, my first name is Bad."
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Maturing Puffer Fish

Porto Rico Importers, NYC. Over 100 years they've been around. Really nice people who are passionate about the brown nectar.

Always! The only way to get serious crema out of your espresso is to use really fresh beans, not the stuff that's been sitting in the grocery store for God knows how long. We had a great small roaster near our old house that made a great espresso roast that was less expensive than retail and they were buy 10 lbs get one free. I just learned there is a small roaster about 45 minutes from our new house which will make for a perfect trip on my bike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2